[yup] Can we expect 3.1 this year?

Has Renoise 3.1 been released yet?

http://www.fladd.de/hasrenoisebeenreleased/3.1/

:slight_smile:

@fladd: It seems your site is broken :smiley:

See: http://www.fladd.de/hasrenoisebeenreleased/3.0/

As far as I’m concerned, Renoise 3.1 is already out. It’s alive in all the hearts of the Renoisers who believe. 3.1 is even alive in the hearts of those who doubt. All you have to do is look within your tender honest center and you’ll find that 3.1 has been there guiding you the whole time.

Wise words!

Picture_2.png

youtubedoubler

No cats, me self indulging, dumping motivation and hype in 3.1

As far as I’m concerned, Renoise 3.1 is already out. It’s alive in all the hearts of the Renoisers who believe.

heart31.jpg

It could be so easy:

:wacko: -> Renoise 3.1 -> :panic: :dribble:

wanted to post a cute picture, but my dog just ate the hedgehog. bad omen?

Only for the hedgehog …

I wasn’t waiting for shyte redux to be released … no offense, but … ye whatever, i keep that for myself.

if peops like renoise, they shud learn renoise and not use some vsti in some uber faggot ‘it’s useless anyway’ daw!!

i’ve been waiting for an update since whatever … still no vst3 … still no real routing … still no multiple songs in ONE renoise interface (via tabs) …

still no ‘copy crap from that song to this song’ in ONE go … still no drag n drop … there’s a lot of shyte missin …

am i complainin???..

NO

Still no comments by one of the developers :blush:

It’s getting so edgy in here :panic:

949146.jpg

949146.jpg

il_fullxfull.513032865_1h76_1024x1024.jp

I’d think, way more important than “when” to expect 3.1 is “what” to expect from 3.1. Almost two years since the last version again and despite all the problems, that became obvious with the release of the 3.0beta, apparently nothing has changed. For two years the entire development is done in secret again and sadly none seems to have learned anything from the last conceptional disaster. Quite disappointing and imo inexplicable.

Ago I thought so a bit, too, but if you keep in mind that there is almost one core developer who has to manage three different OS versions, it’s obviously a masterstroke. Lot of things are better than in other DAWs. Also a lot of standards are missing. Personally I accepted this now :slight_smile: At least me, I would also quite satisfied, if “only” bugfixes and Redux came into Renoise.

Frankly, I think it’s smart for small teams to keep most aspects of new development “under wraps”. As a former applications coder, I can tell you how draining it is on one’s time and resources to have to stop and discuss “wish lists” and justify why “Feature A” got added and “Feature B” did not. You can’t please everyone and someone is certain to be irritated despite the best efforts.

That being said, please, no piano rolls in Renoise. :wink:

Cheers.

Frankly, I think it’s smart for small teams to keep most aspects of new development “under wraps”. As a former applications coder, I can tell you how draining it is on one’s time and resources to have to stop and discuss “wish lists” and justify why “Feature A” got added and “Feature B” did not. You can’t please everyone and someone is certain to be irritated despite the best efforts.

I have a lot of respect for the work Taktik (and who ever else is involved in the coding) does. I really and seriously have and I honestly think, they’re doing a great job. That goes for the coding part. But a coder is a coder and usually not an application designer, not an audio engineer, not a musician and not an instrument maker by default, with a maximum of competence in all these areas. Of course there might be individual overlappings. But the more complex a project becomes, the higher the risk to mess things up, because it becomes more and more impossible to gather all the knowledge you’d need. And that’s imo exactly what became obvious with Renoise 3.0.

Discussing and setting up concepts with the community would have a lot of benefits. For users and developers. And one of the most important would be, that coders wouldn’t have to gather all the knowledge and competences all alone and all on their own, which I consider to be one of the biggest sources of trouble. Coders should steer public conceptional discussions and beside that simply concentrate on porting finished concepts. I don’t doubt, this would turn out as a massive development afterburner.

Renoise has an active and creative community. It’s imo an unbelievable waste of resources and potential to not involve these people in main development.

I am willing to buy a second licence for Renoise if that would encourage the dev’s to make the 3.1 release happen this year…

Who’s with me? :drummer: :yeah: :walkman: :dribble: