Gxx bug? Behaves different 3.01 vs 3.1

Don’t know if this is intended:

If I play this songhttp://forum.renoise.com/index.php/files/file/189-international-karate-hanz-meyzer-chiptune-edit/

on 3.1, especially the track “pwm str” will sound / glide quite different vs. 3.01, especially on sliding-up.

Mhn, sounds like a bug for me. You should report this in the bug report thread fore renoise 3.1. Maybe some mod can move this post there.

We’ve fixed a bug for 3.1 (see http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topic/43140-fixed-31-glide-to-note-not-consistent-between-instruments/), which has altered the glide speed of layered instruments - X times when X samples got played back together at the same time. This was not done on purpose, but simply broken.

The “pwm str” is such a layered sample, contains two samples which are playing at once, so it now glides at double the speed in 3.0 compared to 3.1, but at the “correct” speed in 3.1.

To make this a bit more obvious: duplicate one of the samples in the"pwm str" in 3.0 and 3.1. In 3.0 it will alter the glide speed which definitely should not happen.

thx for Info

So, there has been a bug for 10+ years, and now we finally have a working glide-command?Now that’s a time for celebration! :walkman:Or was the bug “only” during the previous release (3.0) the whole time?

Just loaded up a song made in 3.0 in the latest Beta and was about to post a bug report as it doesn’t sound correct at all in 3.1… But it is “correct”?And yes, it is a “layered instrument”, if that means there are two or more samples playing these notes together. However the same problem remain when only one is playing in this project.

Anyway, the latest 3.1 beta is having the correct “Glide behaviour”, correct?

How about backwards-compability, or should we download older versions?

(Taking a second look at what I wrote… Sorry if I sounded a bit sarcastic tone - no rudeness meant, I just found the subject a bit hilarious and want to know as I’m using this command a lot and I’m tired…)

Chris, there is a quick fix for this : in advanced editor, go to the column / track, only select “value” and “track in song” (is there column in song?) and make a multiplication by 2.

Well, since there are quite a bunch renoise songs released in publicity as download, it would be indeed nice if renoise would automatic patch pre3.1 songs, so people don’t wonder, why that downloaded song sounds so strange…

Chris, there is a quick fix for this : in advanced editor, go to the column / track, only select “value” and “track in song” (is there column in song?) and make a multiplication by 2.

Well, since there are quite a bunch renoise songs released in publicity as download, it would be indeed nice if renoise would automatic patch pre3.1 songs, so people don’t wonder, why that downloaded song sounds so strange…

Not sure I understand what you mean?

Yes, there are other stuff in the same column, so I might break this other stuff.

+1 for automatic fix upon loading older song.