Live recording in Redux pattern mode

Any chance live recording could be added to Redux pattern mode?

Kind of surprised it’s not already there. Or maybe it is and I’m just missing it? :huh:

If there is a way, someone please let me know with a reply here. If not, developers please add it! :slight_smile:

Kind of surprised it’s not already there. Or maybe it is and I’m just missing it? :huh:

No, it’s not. This is something being discussed here(assuming that you meant recording via a MIDI keyboard)

No, it’s not. This is something being discussed here(assuming that you meant recording via a MIDI keyboard)

I actually meant just live recording, and only use a qwerty keyboard to enter notes.

I’d like to have the option for the cursor for entering notes to follow the playback cursor, like how in Renoise there is the “Pattern Follow” in the transport (section 10.2 in the manual) for live recording.

Would be really useful to have. Maybe the same “Pattern Follow” button and functionality could be added somewhere to the “Phrases” section of Redux.

I’d like to have the option for the cursor for entering notes to follow the playback cursor, like how in Renoise there is the “Pattern Follow” in the transport (section 10.2 in the manual) for live recording.

Ah, OK. The good old qwerty then :slight_smile:

You’re right - “pattern follow” and recording are closely connected. And coming up with a good solution for this is definitely important to get sorted for Redux (and, consequentially I think, the Renoisephrase editor).

Hi there! Just purchased Redux today.

I would LOVE it if it were possible to do live recording in Redux (like in Renoise where the cursor for entering notes follows the playback cursor).

Just wondering if this is in the works!

1 Like

Any news on this? Demoing Redux at the moment and can’t figure out how to live record into the phrase editor. I’d be fine with just using the computer keyboard if MIDI isn’t possible.

None. We are still waiting for at least an acknowledgement of the request.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Let’s hope it gets added in the future.