Redux window-focus issues/bugs in Logic

How can I Play the host no matter if the Redux-window is focused or not?

Description:

Click to view contents

It’s extremely tedious to focus host and Redux back and forth. With any other plug-in, the spacebar (Play) and other transport-related commands in the host-DAW works as expected.

I would be happy by assigning another key to play phrases inside Redux, if that’s what I want. Normally you just solo the track in the host-DAW, if you just want to listen to what the plug-in does by itself.

I’ve learned from this topic that this is not technically possible to solve. But that doesn’t make sense, because the issue appears only when Editor-mode is expanded, and when it’s collapsed it works as expected. So it can’t be the case and more rather aconscious decision.

It should be an easy fix, or at least considered optional in a future version. For instance by bypassing a key or something.

Either way, is there any workaround for now?

Not so interesting rambling:

Click to view contents

Since the newest Logic Pro version has some kind of annoying Rewire bug, I’m taking this opportunity to give Redux a fair 2nd chance.The project I’m working on has to be completed very shortly, so any inputwould be appreciated (I’ll also start another thread with some other serious issues).

Edit: Logic Pro released an update not long after this post, so now I can comfortably use Renoise Rewire again. Phew But still, some more insight into this Redux matter would be nice.

You may want to reproduce this in order. Maybe the bugs can be reproduced in other ways too, but this is what “works” for me.

Bug #1

IMAGE 1, IMAGE 2

Click to view contents

Reproduce:

1. Create a new Logic Pro project
  2. Insert a Redux instance & open
  3. Create a phrase
  4. Make sure “Program” is activated
  5. Insert samples and assign to keys
  6. [Computer]keyboard-input (Jam!)

Problem: No sound, but the visual sometimes indicate that keys are pressed.

Solve:

1. Close Redux
  2. Play & Stop Project in Logic Pro
  3. Open Redux
  4. Jam!

Sound works, for now. Take a break by, for instance, surfing the web a couple of minutes and go back and the bug is back again.

Either way, when the bug is solved it isn’t entirely solved and that’s when we get to #2.

Bug #2

Click to view contents

Reproduce:

1. Solve #1.
  2. Activate the Phrases tab (and not keyboard below).
  3. [Computer]keyboard-input (Jam!)

Problems: We now have sound but [A] The notes keeps repeating, in the rhythm you jammed, whenever the phrase is repeating and yet there are no actual notes in the phrase. [B]The notes doesn’t cut when the keys are released, although the NNA preference is Note-Off.

Solve:

1. Switch to Keyzones Tab
  2. Computer]keyboard-input (Jam!)

And then the sample-playback works as expected while jamming, even after you go back to the Phrases tab.

Bug #3

Click to view contents

Reproduce:

1. Delete phrase
  2. Close Redux
  3. Wait a couple of minutes
  4. Open Redux
  5. Activate Waveform-Tab
  6. While Redux-window is still opened, focus Logic Pro and Play & Stop Project
  7. Focus Redux
  8. Computer]keyboard-input (Jam!)

Problem: This is like a mixture of #1 & #2:

All the samples can only be played once. Alternatively, in contrast, sometimes only some notes (random) can always be triggered while others never will etc. Just generally weird behaviour.

Either way, when the samples do get triggered the problems described in #2 is happening.

Solve: Not sure, something like #2 I think.

I hope this isn’t too complicated, but these issues are some reasons why Redux is more or less unusable to me. This has most likely happened in every Logic Pro project I’ve created.

With earlier Redux testing I didn’t thought of this. It was probably only on a subconscious level, because I was overwhelmed by Redux as a whole and had not yet got into it.

…Take a break by, for instance, surfing the web a couple of minutes and go back and the bug is back again.

Does Logic have some kind of auto-suspend option for vst(i) in the preferences, maybe toggling this on/off will fix it?

Does Logic have some kind of auto-suspend option for vst(i) in the preferences, maybe toggling this on/off will fix it?

I haven’t experienced this with any other plug-in. That wouldn’t explain the other bugs mentioned either.

I forgot to attach some screenshots upon creating the initial post (check them out), and made the whole thing less cluttered.

Btw, also thanks for joining the two topics concerning the issues in question - they may very much be related somehow.