Hi, this might have been suggested before, but I couldn't find anything right away through searching, so here it goes:
I would absolutely love an option which would let me do this:
- Right-click a track > Save Track as template (I dunno.. to a *.xrntt-file or something)
- All track settings would then be saved, including: track color, track name, col-settings (vol,pan,del,fx + number of cols), pre+post mixer fader values + DSP chain of course
- Right-click a track > Save Group as template (I dunno.. to a *.xrngt-file or something)
- All group settings + subgroups & tracks settings would then be saved, including: ...everything (as above), but in this case a complete group.
- Right-click a track > Insert Track from template > Before / After
- Right-click a track > Insert Group from template > Before / After
As I use more and more hardware in the studio, controlled via Renoise, my Song Template is now growing into a scary monster (around 100+ tracks), since I need more and more complex MIDI-groups with lots of midi-CC devices and shit. But i would really prefer to have a much slimmer Song Template, so that instead - IF i decide to use let's say my Korg ER-1 in a project, I can load this group with it's 2 sub groups and 10 subtracks, instead of manually re-creating the whole setup each time. Now, having everything in the Song Template just in caaaaase I'm going to use it, is a very bloated situation.
Would something like this be possible/realistic for a native feature, or must/could a tool perhaps help with this?