I have already built 2 tools related to the following: " VPDpro. Orchestral".All of them were used to introduce tracks arranged with names and colors fixed, grouped within parent groups, but for multiple reasons I have never been happy.
Orchestral tool is basically the culmination of all my research with the LUA API to be able to create templates easily and quickly, with the symphony orchestra as the main theme.Most people use Renoise for experimental or electronic music. But I find it very effective for orchestral music.
The following screenshot is an early view of the final aspect of the tool:
- The first panel allows you to configure some properties of the tracks.
- The second panel will be a selector of up to 16 colors. So groups can have a general color or another.
- And finally, the third panel is used to add the groups or tracks individually, with all the names in view and sorted be included directly.
- Each group will have an identifying image, that will hide the tracks that make it up. This helps alleviate the sight of too much information.
- It also allows to include 3 tracks with the same name and color and to regulate the color intensity of the group and the tracks separately.
Out of curiosity, the initial versions are here:
Click to view contents
I love seeing the evolution of the tools…