Beat battle anyone ...

some ppl seem to think 2 weeks is a bit long … should we make it only 1 week?

yep you can cut them up, and distroy them in any way you like :)

well right now i’m thinking BLEH TWO WEEKS <_<

but i know that in two weeks i’ll be saying I’M GLAD IT WAS TWO WEEKS B)

a few rules i’m not sure on:

-are we allowed to show the songs to one another before the deadline
-what does ‘ZIP or RAR it and either mail it to beatbattle@shapermusic.com or upload it somewhere and send us the link to the same e-mal.’ mean? you mean e-mail the link to you? if so, then maybe you should fix the little typo (no offense :) )

neat samples by the way :) nothing like i expected, which is a good thing

but one thing i’d like to be made clear:

you say we’re allowed to edit the wavs as much as we like - are we allowed to use programs outside of renoise for this? it’s just using a program such as cooledit it would be very easy to mutilate the samples into sounding NOTHING like they used to… do you think you should make the rule that you have to edit them in renoise?

i hope so. i just spent an hour cutting things up in cool edit.

to Gwilym :

-are we allowed to show the songs to one another before the deadline

No i think it’s best to keep it to yourself until then, to avoid ppl accusing each other of copying their ideas etc …

-what does ‘ZIP or RAR it and either mail it to beatbattle@shapermusic.com or upload it somewhere and send us the link to the same e-mal.’ mean? you mean e-mail the link to you? if so, then maybe you should fix the little typo (no offense )

it means either 1)zip or rar the track and mail it to me. or 2)zip or rar the track, upload it somewhere, and mail me the link so i can download it.

Maybe I should have specified, no third party sample editors :)
I’ll add this to the rules. (to beatrepublic : nevermind, my bad)
I just think it’s more fair because not everyone has the same programs(for example you can use vst’s in wavelab but not in cool edit)

about the 15khz thing : guess you’ll have to make some dirty beats with dirty samples :)

i think cutting stuff up is fine no matter what program you use

just no time-stretching, filtering, or other ‘fancy’ editing, i say :]

ME AGAIN

are we allowed to enter more than once?

or will i have to invent pseudonyms ;)

[i’m joking, if you only want one entry per person i can abide by that]

one entry per person is enough i think ;)

Hey, Shaper, just gotta congratulate you on another awesome layout (on the breakbeat contest section on your homepage)

very sweet :D

~Dufey :yeah:

Does this mean no use of Renoise in build fx and filters??

As stated in the rules on www.shapermusic.com/beatbattle

1. No external VST’s or VSTi’s are allowed but you can use all Renoise’s internal DSP effects.

peculiar and not interessting samples … have a cool grove but i don’t know … i think i can’t use all of the given samples … but i try …

2 very good reasons for not allowing mp3-format

1. not everyone is a registered user.
  2. how do you know it’s made in renoise? (though I think the experts can tell the difference easily)

Just a question. Does it have to be pure HipHop? I’ve started on a tune and it doesn’t realy sound like hiphop. more like some kind of groovy strange elctro beat ;)… I hope it is okay as long as we only use the samples in the sample-pack

Aye, my track is very un-hiphoppish too. It’s all melodic and stuff. Will you have it or will I just have to post it in the songs page as a shadow entry or something? :)

here, 1 hours worth of work…an unfinished song made from those samples.
I won’t upload the rns file, so this entry doesn’t count and i know that. This is for people who are interested
http://www.angelfire.com/pokemon2/yourmama…ma/bearttsr.mp3
can’t be bothered into finshing it or altering it…

Is it just me or are the samples all at different speeds, and not in tune? :( - it’s quite an effort to get them to sit together.

I’m going to give this a try, but I think the selection of samples is too limiting. I disagree with the 7Mb limit as well. My initial experiments so far with those samples has involved a lot of sample editing, tracking, and bouncing down of long loops.

Now, I’ve only used the provided samples, but my RNS is already weighing in at over 12Mb ;)

@MRX 1 hour of work for nothing then if you dont want to submit it
shame i quite like aphex twinish hiphop ;)

@Saboteur as sated in the rules, you have to mail me the rns (hoping its not bigger than 7 megs when zipped). Then I’ll put it aside with all the others till the voting day

@twilek well, yes this is a hiphop beatbattle but hiphop beats can be very different!

@celsius

ok, lets say it is my interpretation of hiphop then ;) it is beats, bass and all that, so…I guess we can call it som kind of unusual hiphop :)