Beat battle anyone ...

oh my god argh

oh my god argh

I don’t think the samples are out of tune, plus its not hard to get them sounding right and damn your rns is 12mb :blink: …(no disrespect btw)

so is that a omg that sucks argh?

damn, I knew someone will compare me to aphex :lol: …Almost everyone gets compared to him at point :grin:

I’m confused ;)

my problem at this battle is:
if i produce a good song … send it as .RNS … i can’t be sure that some of my ideas are used for real public productions … may be Neil Gaegeler using my ideas for his new chart-breaker … it’s a cool idea to cache some cool ideas form “anonymous” people of the net … ;) but i’m a semi-prof musician … who preserves my copyright???

at the moment i’ve a good groove with the given samples … but i will not send it to shapermusic … maybe i will publish the song as mp3 on this page … that’s it!

You mean you’ll really be able to create something worthy of a labelled song with those samples???

:rolleyes:

I gotta be honest, i’m looking forward to your contribution!

~Dufey (Rattling the bells in a cage)

yes - why not - i prepared all samples to single-sounds … u have a pizzicato sound, a nice piano/bass-chord, a simple pad, bass/snare … simple stuff but ok for hiphop ;) … with a little bit work … something is possible … but why so much work??? ;)

at the moment i have a slow hiphop groove - sounds like a hiphop-ballad… but i don’t know - what is hiphop without vocals … and i don’t mix vocals with renoise - and 7mb with vocals??? … and atall it’s to much work …

:ph34r:

and the quality isn’t the fact … hiphop is born on scrached records ;))))) … it’s the idea of a song …

I’ve made my own interpretation of the whole thing. I’ve made a song out of the sample-pack, with beats and melody and everything… sure I can admit it doesn’t sound pure hip hop of it, but what the heck, to be innovative and creative you can’t bind yourself within strict patterns and genres, I have opened my mind and made something that I call chip-hop :) hehe… but I still only use the samples in the sample-pack and I see that as the big challenge… genres realy kill the creativity… so I hope you will like my song even if it’s not very suitable to rap to the music :)

open your mind, do not think in genres! :D

I’ll definitly submit the rns whatever you think :)
and I don’t realy care if some people take some insperation from my work… what is copyrights anyway? as long as people do not totaly do a rip-off and take the honor of my work I’m happy… but if they can get some idéas from my songs Im only flattered… and the fact is that one can “steal” idéas even if you put the song out in mp3-format, and the samples we use here is totaly free so I do not realy see why people worry about to release the rns to the public ;)

oh god, it’s very late! I realy have to jump into bed now… see you later folx

take care…

i know i know - my mind is open, i don’t think in gengres … i think this idea_beatbattle.rns don’t sounds like hiphop … it’s only a small idea - and only one pattern … @ the moment i have not enough time … and so much to do at my major music-project and band (das Buch & das Bild) …

everybody can use the idea :) … it’s not so great … but maybe somebody like it … feel free to use it as base for a complete song … B)

cheers and a peaceful night …

and________________
f**** YOU G.W.Bush!!!

If you are worried your work is so amazing it will get stolen by a hot shot producer and released as a hit single, then maybe you should get your ego seen to instead of your tracking abilities :)

anyone entering a compo does it for the creative aspects and all the material provided remains the intellectual property of the author.

Having said this if you do not wish to enter the compo, please do not post your half made compo songs here, it will only confuse people who want to join in :P

@phazze : could you change this smiley? " ;) " it sucks!! :)

… sorry for my deep ego … but since years i made public music, composing, lyrics, vocals … jingles/instrumentals … and so on … music is more for me then a hobby …
every competition is ok … but i never will give NOTEs of final songs to anybody … a songfile is the only thing for proving that i’m the author … mp3 is ok … no problem …
and why i should not post a idea on this forum. i’ve tryed to made something - spend my time for the battle - but i’ve seen - it’s too much work and have not enough time to complete it … why shouldn’t other people maybe use it if i left the “compo” now … it’s not a final song - not a great idea … only some prepared samples in one pattern - more a help for people who want to join - or for newbies - maybe …

I’m very glad this compo doesn’t allow rendered/encoded entries. This is an integral part of what the scene is about - sharing. It always has been, and with any luck, it always will be.

Alexander, I suppose you’re not a fan of open source software either?

i’m not a fan of open-source-music!!! B) (i understand - so much scene-musicians here … i remember my time in the early 90s in the amiga-szene … but this time is over for me! ;)

Just wondering: have there been many entries yet?

I guessk most preople still work on their entries so they havn’t send them in yet…

Isn’t it actually possible to copyright a song by just writing it somewhere like in the sample names? I mean there aren’t a lot of other legal stuff involved really, are there?

And I guess the compo site could include some legal clause to prevent others from stealing the works. But of course this doesn’t prevent anyone from doing so, but then at least the composer has the law on his side if anyone would steal it.

…or am I completely wrong here??

You don’t have to write anything anywhere, your work is always under copyright even if you don’t explicitly write it down. That is the law. However, if there ever comes an argument as to the real owner of the copyright, proving things either way will be difficult unless the song has been registered through some official channels.

Let’s be real people…

If you’re an honest musician, and you’re proud of your work, you don’t “steal” other peoples ideas, or songs for that matter.

I don’t know about you guys, but myself I would feel very bad about doing this. That’s what’s good about humans, you know, we’re (well, most of us) born with a conscience.

Besides, I’m sure if you are that untalented and unskilled that you have to steal other songs to weigh up for your own lack of productivity, you’ll be “caught” sooner or later, unless you’re planning on publishing one GOOD (stolen) song and a whole other BAD (self producted) songs.

Anywho, that’s all i wanted to say… for now :D

~Dufey (Cutting up drumloops)

dufey:
It’s a nice though but the real world doesn’t work this way. To protect ones own’s rights is never wrong. This is to protect it, not from us guys :), but from those 0.001% untalanted, unskilled musicians born without a conciouense (did I get that right?.. boy is that hard to spell or what? :)).

In general this comes down to: If you want to have fun with music, you have to share when you feel it’s right. If you want to attend a competition where the rules are “show us what you can do with these prerequisites”, then do it. If you don’t want to show people your talent with the requirements set, then don’t. It’s everyone’s choice, have your moment of fun with other people or drop it. Sharing the details of a song you’re releasing on a record is not the same as creating something to be a part of a community. It’s simple: if you don’t like it, you don’t join in on it.