First two weeks with a new MPC

I’ve had my new MPC One+ for 14 days now. Here is the result so far:

Thank YOU for the love and support!

5 Likes

Nice.I got one myself the mpc live 2,never had one so i am struggling at the moment but practice makes perfect right?

2 Likes

Awesome!

I used to have an 2000XL back in the days, as well as a 1000 with JJOS. Its very fun right! Congrats on the Live 2 - beautiful machine!

1 Like

Do you use a stand for it?i think i will need one so post any links if you know a good one

1 Like

Hi, afraid I don’t. Only bought the Decksaver for mine. You could ask at elektronauts.com

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, those Trip Hop beats are pretty nice! I dig especially “Red Everywhere” followed by “The Base”, but everything else is appreciated, too. Beautiful stuff (man, that melody in “Beyond All Shapes”…), there’s no filler. Very well done! :+1:

What kind of stand are you looking for? From what I’ve seen so far the most recommended stand for any version of MPC One is actually a fully adjustable table stand for laptops, check it out here. If you’re looking for a synth stand in general you could purchase this.

4 Likes

THanks TNT that Nulaxy Adjustable Laptop Stand looks good but is it steady enough so it does not slip when i am hitting on the pads?

Well, it wouldn’t be recommended in several forums and on YouTube if this wouldn’t be the case. It’s seemingly the best budget stand and it just took a minute to find a video that answers your question (at 8:42) perfectly:

Just watch the entire test of that stand for more information.

2 Likes

Thank YOU @TNT - The encouragement means everything! :pray:t4:

No, thank YOU! :slightly_smiling_face:
I think I have to correct myself. “Beyond All Shapes” ist fantastic and probably my “new” favorite. I’ve listened to it at least 15 times now and I could listen to it all day long. The melody is magical. It’s one of those tracks that doesn’t let you go. There aren’t many tracks that have that kind of effect on me. This small piece from the great “The Last Of Us” is one of them.

Just like in “Beyond All Shapes” there’s an ongoing guitar melody that always repeats but never gets annoying. As I said, very well done. Your songs just need to be longer and maybe a little bit more worked out. Currently they’re loops and it looks like they’re not finished yet. Or is it supposed to be like that?

2 Likes

Thanks! Great stuff - Last of us! Pretty good show too! :slight_smile:

Just let me know if you want the Wav file and I’ll send it your way - so you can have it offline or share with your people.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Now make it do something. No disrespect, but it sounded like the same pattern for nearly 2 minutes without any variation. Unless of course that was what you were going for.

Here is my 2nd beat tape… 3 weeks in now with the MPC One+…

Enjoy!

3 Likes

99 Problems… is a really good track. I am now gassing for an MPC, for many reasons, going back to the desk i use for work to be creative after all day sat there working is murdering my creative drive. An MPC, preferably the Live 2, is so appealing.

3 Likes

Awesome!

Yes, live 2 looks like a beautiful instrument. Go for it bro!