Milkytracker Is The Dope

If you re thinking pocket pc have a look into the gp2xf200 as well byte.
Ill post reports on how well it runs everything when its here.

Hi there,

I’d be interested to know if you tuned your eee at all. While trying milky under xandros I had the following going on:

1 - playing one of the demo songs with only five channels, milky chokes completely at 44100. Tempo is unstable, nothing is right. Turning it down to 11hkz made it a lot smoother however:

2- here and there i get audio drop outs. it might play nicely for 1 minute then drop a tiny silence gap. It’s not only milky tho, I’ve got that from vlc, audacity and my own littlegptracker. At first I thought the hw was crappin but amarok runs perfectly smoothly as well as aplay.

did you fiddle at all with the system to get it running or am I just being unlucky ?

Thanks
Marc

Thread resurrection!!

This is due to the fact that: I am finally getting a pocket PC! I debated over whether I should start a new thread, but I decided to resurrect this one since I don’t have an ipad or any of that fancy stuff.

I want to get peoples’ opinions on Milkytracker Vs Sunvox … And also see if anybody has ever gotten Chibitracker to work on Palm or PocketPC? I can only find i386 executables on the chibitracker site… I’m thinking it was never actually ported to a handheld platform. Maybe someone can prove me wrong?

I believe Milky has had a lot of improvements since this thread was started. It definitely has support for effects commands now. I just messed around with the PC version last night… It was more powerful/intuitive than I expected and I’m sure I’ll be happy with it on PPC. But Sunvox also looks pretty interesting. Is all the “extra” stuff actually useful or does it just bog down the interface and make it cumbersome to use? I’m thinking I should be able to get it to work on PPC even though it is a Palm app, by using “Styletap”, which is some kind of emulation or compatibility layer which is supposed to be very fast and has a high compatibility rate.

Anyone have any experience with either Milky/Sun on a handheld and would like to offer their opinion?

I couldn’t get Sunvox to work with Styletap, but that’s OK because Milky is quite good…

A little geeking out now… :walkman: