One time trigger commands - syncopation trick

Some commands that need adding to renoise ,

One Time trigger , on pattern play , a given note on is triggered once only of the first new play of the pattern. would also enable syncopation in a phrase as it wont spoil the effect on pattern loop.

Note on every xx loops , note on will fire once per stated loops only of the main pattern. like elektron octatrack . rather then once per pattern loop.

Independent Track loop point , L00P, loops the track only everytime the loop point is reached rather then the main pattern length.

All these commands will help renoise become better at syncopation and using phrases would be come another method to produce syncopation via one time triggers. similar can be done currently using a low chance trigger on a phrase set to have less steps then the main pattern playing . but syncopation breaks everytime the chance command re- fires.

atm , also we cant trigger a phrase consistently using chance triggers to begin with to start a syncopated phrase… or it will reset at end of pattern.

a one time trigger should help phrases section and short pattern loops become more flexible.

tip: renoise should as a whole become a vsti . so to also help other syncopation methods on daw multitrack instances of renoise . each daw instance can have its own step length . or could have.

1 Like

Agree. MayBe (Yxx) command is too unpredictable. I don’t know is it possible to implement in Renoise something close to Elektron’s trigger conditions. As Digitakt user I can say, this is a killer feature, and it would be great to see similar things in Renoise

1 Like

neat. i know where you’re coming from, after having used the Elektron Digitakt.
Being able to say “yes, this hihat, only play it on the 8th loop of this pattern” type stuff is really hot.

1 Like

Thats exactly right, personally also I think the Song mode should be expanded toggles to use a master global Block list editor for easy numerical lists songs or cues within ahead of time. ala octamed.

The reason is simple, the arranger is pretty good at arranging parts, but being constrained to a linear song play flow is where creative ideas tend to get tied up.

The non linear Block list editor is a optional or should be , work flow.

few lines of code to implement a block list is another no brainer to complete renoise song mode/s

1 Like