Renoise Knock-Out Tournament - Round 2 - Results Are In!

Oh yeah?! Well!.. You! Should shiver and such, for I am your opponent and will not take this competition lightly!

i will not be intimidated by your pretty talk sir, and you may rest assured that i will do my utmost to build a track so utterly awesome that your ass will suffer quite a pounding, i daresay! so, be warned!!

(and if it turns out you beat me i will at least be in Italy when it happens so i will skip over the shame of that moment and hopefully when i return people will have already forgotten…)

Ugh! I’m slow making songs (kinda like my love-making ^_^ ). So I ran out of time and was left with all these ideas that I never got around to add.

Need to learn more shortcuts and fast tweaks. Maybe that’s why I get bored/frustrated/annoyed when making songs and start doing something else instead. :huh:

Alright, I did 3 hours of intense tracking and I think I’m going a little mad because I heard the track so many times in such a short period of time. At the moment I think it sucks everything nasty so I’ll give it another listen in the morning, maybe make some last tweaks in the remaining 30 minutes I have left and then turn this shit in!
Again, I’m verrry curious what everybody made from this, personally I thought this samplepack was pretty hard to work with since there are almost no clean lead sounds. Lots of bassy waves and noisy samples. (and I didn’t want to make a noisy, bassy track :lol:) Ah well, I did my best!

Submitted!

Hah, I’m quick at making songs, like my love-making!

Oh wait…

I’ve noticed I tend to find an idea, any idea, as quickly as possible, and then hold on to it for dear life. It just feels dangerous to introduce lots of things… I’m thinking I need to work faster mentally, and not get too stuck on what I’ve already done…

I think that’s part of the challenge. If you get into a flow and work for 2 hours, you get a lot done but your ears are tired. If you break it up, your ears are fresh but you never quite get into the groove.

Having tried both now, I must say I prefer going at it all in one go though. If I have any longer pauses, I just forget what I was doing. :P

I have received 5 entries. Still waiting on:

cralias
E.H.V.A.H.
keith303

4 more hours to go! Can they make it? Hurry!!! :drummer:

Aaargh… :o
For some stupid reason I assumed the deadline was like SDC - at midnight. So… I’m at work now, I won’t make it. I sure was about to give Chotoro a real challenge (yeah, right…)

Deadline extension granted ;)

Absolutely, I’d rather lose to Rhowald than to have won because he didn’t enter a track.

Now now, don’t be so humble. Instead, take advantage of our notoriously flexible deadlines, and

Ride into battle for the glory of the trackerland!

In fact, that’s an excellent title for a song!

But he’s not one of the ones on the list :P

Guess you mean generally, for the people who are in that situation…

Yeah that’s what I meant. I continue to fail at expressing myself clearly in English :(

Just make it general, rather than putting your opponents name.

“Absolutely, I’d rather lose to somebody than to have won because they didn’t enter a track.”

I was worried briefly that Rhowaldt hadn’t got his track in though (or rather it wasn’t received), as I know he has just gone on holiday from a post in the DDRC18 thread. Hence why I scrolled up to have a look and briefly got a little confused…

Even better: A theme for an entire compo!

The trackerland must be vigilantly protected against the evil minions of Cubase and Ableton live. GO NOW AND FIGHT FOR OUR HONOR!

i’m still in the office working overtime, like the whole week already.
i have started something last sunday… but it’s only half an hour of work and just one pattern - won’t make much sense.
so sorry, but i won’t be able to get it finished in time :(

/me disappears into nonexistence as the space time continuum ruptures…

You mean chunter is going to win on default? That’s too bad… I already listened to his tune and he did quite a good job, I would have liked to see the competition.

I actually had the emphasis on ‘lose’. But I should’ve added ‘wouldn’t have- entered a track’ I guess?

Aaaand… ta-dam ta-da-dam! I has completed an entry for the glory of the trackerland! Yay for flexible deadlines! :drummer:

Btw, does anybody know if there’s maybe a club for anonymous masseffectoholics?

You’re in it! :P

… I really hate this… Is there any reasonable amount of deadline extension that would allow you to get something completed? Like through Saturday or Sunday night for example? It would give you the weekend.

Are the other competitors OK with this? This is what is great about the tracking time limit – Even though an extension is granted, it doesn’t give someone else more tracking time on their track :)

I also haven’t heard from E.H.V.A.H. … Where are you dude?

I also had an idea for another compo… One that would last 6 months and there would be a very high required tracking time limit… For example you have to spend at least 40 but no more than 50 hours on the song :) Or something ridiculous like that. This way we could see some really polished entries. :lol: