Sensible 3.2 Wish-list

Oh, heres a big one, Recording possible with pattern follow disabled.

FM filters in modulation page!

More sampler options:

• “Oscillator / Short-waveform” - Sync / Loop-restart

• Waveform summing options, not just addition, but: Multiplication (like oscillator ring mod)

• Waveform aliases, e.g. for simple unison

Audio routing guys, AUDIO ROUTING…

Internal MIDI routing guys, internal MIDI ROUTING…

3.2 is in less than 2 years, no way will we get such large stuff like audio and midi routing at that point. As for sample aliasing, we should first fix the main issue and that I doubt will be as I’d thinkit’s ‘hardcoded’ into renoise - an absolute maximum of 12 samples per key per instrument playing at the same time.

And honestly RM and especially FM wont be as fun as it seems at first (especially in the filter section do to imprecisions of the keytracker and sample properties, which means you’ll have to tune things with the pitch envelope and I know that something so convoluted is not what you guys personally want), you’ll mostly be working with sine waves in FM anyway, which is already done a million times in other vsts, so there’s little need of it. Lets not forget the philosophy of “per sample modulation sets” therefore we’d be stuck to the sample modulation set’s filters, therefore stuck to the keytracker, so a major rewrite and no way of it coming in 3.2.

• mid/side mode for eq and compressors (by changing the current button into a multi-state button “L+R, L, R, L-R, R-L, Mid, Side”, displaying only one state at once, kind of drop down button/menu)

+1, but mid/side + dry/wet for all effects (vsts fx too).

^so what you really want is parallel signal paths in doofers

^so what you really want is parallel signal paths in doofers

No, mid/side + dry/wet for all effects

+1, but mid/side + dry/wet for all effects (vsts fx too).

That would be maximum cool,but I doubt this works regarding mid/side for all fx/vst, since for example if there is some stereo modulation going on in the fx (like in choruses etc), you can’t just swap middle to left and outside to right… I doubt this would sound right, right?

mid/side for all fx including vst would actually work, if the mid/side selection would be done after-fx… Hm…

if we’d have parallel chains in doofers we could have any mid/side functionality we want in any configuration we want, and hell, even natively (nom/s splitting plugins required)if you could stack these doofers.

^ gova absolutely, it shouldn’t be “either/or” but in addition to. Parallel chains in doofers would be useful in so many ways but I don’t want to have to mess around doofers and chains just to do some mid/side eqing.

Real side chain (make vst 2.4 input busses available in the send device)! That’s so easy it would be possible for Renoise 3.02.

^4 real :stuck_out_tongue: no not really :c

Proof that sidchaining is already working in VST 2.4 (cakewalk support comments on side chain discussion):

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/2685439

Maybe not all compressor vendors do support sidchaining using multi bus input in vst 2.4, but there are some…

So if a vst 2.4 plugin has 4 or more inputs in its configuration, Renoise just needs to make input 3+4 available in send device. And sum everything that sends into the plugin (multiple send devices). To prevent a feedback loop, it could be looked from on the position of the send device, so the target has to be somewhere after send device in the stream, or right to it.

wow
much poof

jokes aside maybe it requires way too much work to get it to work in renoise

multi in and out has beenpossible before vst 3 and it has never been a secret, but in 3 it is native

I tried in ableton, it works (ableton only supports vst 2.4). You select the target track in output of a track and then can select the vst 2.4 plugin which provides multiple inputs…

For example isotope alloy: https://www.izotope.com/support/download/alloy-2/

Fabfilter Pro-C also has a sidechain (SC) version, exactly for this purpose, using input 3+4 for sidechain! Melda Dynamics, too. And so on…

wow
much poof

jokes aside maybe it requires way too much work to get it to work in renoise

multi in and out has beenpossible before vst 3 and it has never been a secret, but in 3 it is native

I think the devs think that it is not possible - BUT IT IS POSSIBLE!!!

You know other vst 2.4 supports multiple ins and outs? redux, surprise

Click to view contents

ur drunk again aren’t u? :c

but come on guys, sensible things, I was semi serious when I made this thread, so we could speak about those little nit-picks we have in a laughable manner :c

Why should I am drunk? No, I am deadly serious!!! Sidechaining is a really important feature, since you then can use the character of a compressor in your side chain. Renoise users only have one character for that purpose, the character/dynamic signature of the signal follower device…

All other DAWs have it, Ableton, Logic (AU), Cubase since v5 (they didn’t get it that a bunch of VST 2.4 plugins already can do it, they explicitly added it to VST3 as “new feature”) etc…

No one is arguing that plugin multiple input and output ports are not needed. hay, maybe they will come in 3.1, as redux supports multiple multiple input and output ports. (though I really don’t think that means anything at all)

Click to view contents

character is such an ugly word, and the least of the things I’d care for when this gets implemented, ha

If this took a day to implement we’d have it in 2.7 :stuck_out_tongue: