Setting Sample Start Time

I love layering sample in Renoise, but wish there would be a way to set the sample start time without having to use the slice mode, which doesn’t let one layer samples.

1 Like

Have you tried sample offset command?

-Sxx - Trigger sample slice number XX or offset XX

1 Like

Slice allows you to layer samples… maybe not the way you want or the way you expect… But it does, I usually play layered samples by cutting them with Slice. There are also alternatives as suggested above. There are many ways to achieve the result. You can just use Slice and different columns of notes… You’re already layering samples. You can destructively make the cut slices and cut them further if necessary. You can simply select the audio you won’t use and press CTRL X and you rest with useful audio… you can do both things, using marker before and CTRL X after…, if by “layer samples” you mean that you want to play them with a single key, it is possible to overlap them within the phrase always using different columns of notes which in the main interface will be played with a single key press. Or you can destructively render the slices, go to the Keyzone and move the samples wherever you want on the keyboard…

1 Like

Mornin’!

Try this:

Allows you to change how a sample is being looped by controlling the movement of two slice markers. Loop playback responds to both start and end marker movement.

Press the ‘Set Markers’ button and the tool will install the following things into an instrument: a small repeating phrase, a new fx chain with four devices, and two slice markers at the Origin points (you can set these before hitting the button). Either the tool GUI or the FX Chain can be used to alter the various parameters and they will update each other to any changes made.

Note that the markers will stay at least one sample apart and cannot pass each other.

Tool by @Achenar

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions, still would love if i could simply set the sample start with a marker like one set’s the loop start point.

1 Like