13 Second Challenge

Challenge
Write a song that’s exactly 13 seconds (no more, no less) long in Renoise, render to .wav or .flac, upload here … limit of 1 song per artist or collaboration… that’s right, you can enter one song yourself, then go out and collab with someone else for another entry! :D

Purpose
I will continue to tag each consecutive song on to the end of each other, and the result will be the most chaotic, and shortest album of all time :) … results will be updated as soon as I get to every new entry, so stay tuned!

Prize
Saying you participated!

For 1337 status
Make it EPIC!!! :o … repetitiveness within such a small timeframe is just lame. Think progressive… in a short space ;)

This will be an ongoing challenge.
There will be no deadline… however, track submission order will affect physical placement in the compilation.

UPDATE
The current incarnation of the compilation: http://soundcloud.com/byte-smasher/sets/13-second-challenge-compilation

I’m so in. This is exactly my kind of thing. I’m gonna work on my 13 seconds then I’m looking forward for collabs!

>=)

I’m tempted. I’ll see what happens.

http://m.thequietrevolution.net/mp3/mmd_13.wav

Is grindcore accepted? B)

Haha, I’ve done 10 seconds, 15 seconds, 30 seconds… but never 13 seconds! Yeah, let’s see what happens :)

I see you guys are organizing a lot of interesting compos these days, but I had no time or will to get into them. But for this one I could do an exception, since it could be a good start to get some inspiration and it also should not require an huge amount of time to be done :)

any deadline by the way?

edit: can I cheat the rules by submitting a 13h seconds song? :rolleyes:

No and no. It’s an ongoing challenge, and the compilation (perhaps I’ll make it a single mp3?) will keep growing as long as people keep submitting.

Yes.

13 seconds? shit, where will I find the time? :panic:

Mmd: nice… didn’t catch it till the second listen ;)

Sign me up!

Fiddling with it right now. I’m multitasking. Ha!

Is there any deadline? Reread the thread and got the answer…

I’m in!!

13 minutes to do 13 seconds… :wink:

Download here

Length fixed to exactly 13 seconds

thing is, if you just plonk it all together it will be a big dissonant mess…i reckon each person entering should make the track relative to the last entry…I.E in the same key, or starting on the last note…no?
I am up for it…
EDIT: nice one hooligan :)

Yeah I know, its 13,714 … I can do a quick short-remix if Byte requires it hehe :lol:

PRECISELY 13 SECONDS PLZ

To how many decimal places?

I think we should do a Pi competition. 3.14159 seconds please ;)

Honestly though… I want as close to 13 seconds as possible. I don’t want 14 seconds or more, and I don’t want 12 seconds or less… and close to each is lame. GO FOR 13! :o

my thoughts exactly :drummer: