2 suggestions for next release

Ok.

I’ve been using outboard gear for a few months now and there’s a few things i feel would be really nice to have. The first one is actually probably a bug and the second one a suggestion to make the workflow easier.

1. Whenever i render a song the Line In Device is getting “muted”. This is a minor thing but every time i rendered i have to go back to the device and make it inactive and then active to make it audible.

2. This have been discussed before and is related to no. 1. When using external synths its nice to be able to use them as “close” to the computer as possible. As far as i know for now the only way to render more than one pattern is to actually render the entire song! It would be nice if the Render Selection would actually render the entire selection , meaning more than one pattern, This would make it alot easier to render stuff to samples,

If any one the 2 above is possible, please let me know! If not, then make it happen cause it would make my life and anyone else with external synths life a lot easier!

Thanks!

+1 for multi-pattern selection rendering, but this would require a change to the selection mechanic itself to include more than one pattern. I usually clone and join the necessary patterns to get around this, then delete the patterns to return to the normal composition.

Maybe until it happens native’ly, someone can hack the freezetool (https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-2-7-2-8-track-freezing/32936 ), to be able to define multiple patterns for rendering?

While you can’t select non-adjoined patterns in the sequence list, you can select different track slots in the pattern matrix, maybe this can be utilized in such hack?

Ooh, pattern editor selection rendering? I’ll have to try this when I’m back in the lab next.

Edit: I thought Djeroek was referring to pattern matrix selections of multiple patterns. There doesn’t appear to be an option to render this type of selection. My bad.

+1 for multi-pattern selection rendering, but this would require a change to the selection mechanic itself to include more than one pattern. I usually clone and join the necessary patterns to get around this, then delete the patterns to return to the normal composition.

I’ve done the same, cloning and joining but honestly its not great for the workflow whatsever! Wouldnt someone be able to make a tool for multi pattern rendering?! If i could i would make it today! Hope some of the developers reading this and might come up with a solution! Maybe Renoise and MIDI/outboard gear is not the best combo, but i feel it works with a few things that could be better! The sync is excellent and so far it works great with the Line In Device except that minor thing i was talking about in the first post…