2 years without update ?

Liberty and independence for Renoise! Tear down that wall! Release the sources!

2 Years without an update & still no Update…

But o me using 2.8.2 Anyway, so no #drama over here; just a Bag of popcorn :walkman:

Please dont update #Renoise anymore, peepz are so freaking out about this, stressing out drama,

like some oversugared, hungry kids last in the line at McDonalds, begging their parents for a Happy Meal. :eek:

Make Renoise great again!

Liberty and independence for Renoise! Tear down that wall! Release the sources!

Now I`m confused :smashed:

Hey, I like @encrypted’s writings, and wouldn’t care for any diagnosis behind it, I mean if he’s fine, and nobody is forced to read and nod against his will, where’s the problem? You actually mess up with the thread more by complaining about the offtopic as a mob, than his single posts in between would mess it up. Not like the messieness is any extraordinary, isn’t it like this thread will soon be subject of jolly cats, anyways.

Also the last post about philosophical ideas on a source of creation possibly expecting different things from us was a very uplifting read for me. First I thought while skipping the post, nah, a christian from india, don’t they have their own much more kick-ass religion styles over there, bwah…but then I took the chance to dedicate 2 minutes (or so) to reading and reflecting, and the points made where very inspiring. Doing the shmock and just putting it down so quickly and harshly is in my eyes just suplous active and even aggressive ignorance on the things written. Ofc everyone is free to ignore the stuff, I also often just skip over the lengthy posts if I find myself in a distracted or busy state…but then please don’t go overboard by disrespecting the person and the ideas in such spiteful ways.

When considering drunken or stoned or whatever discussions…also a saying among writers is: write drunk, edit sober. Some state of ecstasy, whatever meant were used to achieve it, might at times loosen connections in mind, and bring up unusual ideas. Although I often suspect it is not the ecstasy bringing up better stuff, it just makes you like unusual things a lot, rather than how it is when thinking them sober… Also alcohol for example works differently for people, always destructive, but some simple minds might get narrowed a lot, while the agile mind might be confronted with a loosened flow of inspiration, just like some people become happy when drunk, while others might become very aggressive. Ganja is a different thing once again, the forgetfulness will interfere with any sophisticated discussion, and extroverted persons might become very silly, while thoughtful persons might become very introverted, addicted to the new much more unconditional point of view caused by the drug, and unable to share their visions because of a strong bond to abstractness suddenly involved in thinking (that’s how to become a mad sadhu the easy way I’ve heard…).

@El°HYM,

I was mainly hoping for some kind of small statement, as danoise suggested there might be one. Knowing if the development is active or still on hold matters to some of us, in the sense that it will affect decisions and how we invest our time.

Indeed, it might be stupid making these bumps now that trolls are pestering the forum.

@Renoised,

That was quite an insane display of projection you pulled off there. In every single sentence you wrote, you made yourself guilty of exactly the things you accused me of. FYI that’s very typical for someone with a lack of self-knowledge and awareness.

take the bickering to the appropriate amazing ’ flat earth’ thread …( what have they been hiding from us )

https://forum.renoise.com/t/any-flat-earth-supporters-or-believers-here/48723

May I also suggest a ban on the following words

-god

-devil

-heaven

-hell

-spriritual

-aura

and unicorn

take the bickering to the appropriate amazing ’ flat earth’ thread …( what have they been hiding from us )

https://forum.renoise.com/t/any-flat-earth-supporters-or-believers-here/48723

May I also suggest a ban on the following words
-god
-devil
-heaven
-hell
-spriritual
-aura
and unicorn

You could ban Taktik too since at the moment he IS the invisible unicorn for sure. Banning God means a ban on religion and philosophy and everything that they offer to a rather dry subject of feature list complaints and grievances. It’s clear from the previous posts who are the miscreants and their tone on each and every post trying to admonish every other members valid contributions.

But yea I get it too, sometimes it’s best to hang elsewhere when folks on a drug den are too busy with their dogma sessions to think clearly beyond that thick veil of marijuana smoke. I like fresh air so no thanks, I prefer to save my brain cells, might come to good use in another debate somewhere in the future, where renegade posters don’t get free reign in trying to talk other people down. Like seriously, it’s too easy for us to start a diatribe as well which only will result in this thread getting locked and ALL our posts deleted. Great achievement.

and ALL our posts deleted

AFAIK no single post has ever been deleted on these forums, unless the person who wrote them decided to do so himself/herself.

So self-censorship is possible, sure… :ph34r:

AFAIK no single post has ever been deleted on these forums, unless the person who wrote them decided to do so himself/herself.
So self-censorship is possible, sure… :ph34r:

Ya well that is comforting though @dblue did clean up the last thread on selling your Renoise license by deleting pretty much everything else after his post which was the second one. Good job on that one though it was becoming stale too soon.

Self censorship however is not practiced here for sure judging by the kind of word salads that are full of slang and an alphabet soup that gets passed around as posts (lol).

About the ‘herself’, I wonder if there is a female Renoise user lurking here somewhere.

So taktik, phazze, pulsar, martinal, simon, kRAkEn/gORe, sharevari and dblue.
any news?

though @dblue did clean up the last thread on selling your Renoise license by deleting pretty much everything else after his post which was the second one.

Uuh. I guess he got pissed off. Maybe I should rephrase to “no posts deleted until moderator discovers off-kilter topic and decides to lock from threshold X”

Doesn’t sound quite as ideal though.

And just to try and stay on topic:

When I carelessly mentioned “check back in XX months”, I really DID mean the bugfix release. I had absolutely no intention of building hype, or anything of that sort. Just a simple wish to share _some_kind of news with you guys, since I was in a position where I was testing said bugfix release on a daily basis.

So, you could argue that this naive wish backfired somewhat. Lesson learned - I’m now a bit more careful making such promises.

And I do feel for those few who are affected by existing bugs in the software. In fact, I think a concerted effort on these forums could be made to present those issues a bit better - because, the more time that passes, the more likely it is that bug X gets reported again by a different user. We are not doing a good enough job making the existing issues discoverable, IMO.

Click to view contents

unicorns!

Obfuscation of everything is a real problem in the world of today… :unsure:

(NO I don’t launch a new subject !!!)

What about the main subject ?

(edit) (just seen the danoise response)

@ encrypted mind .

You seem like a decent intelligent guy , but you take everyone opportunity to polute a thread with your religious /spiritual views .sugar coated with some semi-rational thoughts .

It’s getting tiresome , and disturbing .

then please never visit India, have not yet met a man who is not a believer.
conversely, i know almost no one here in Germany who believes
the world is simply colorful

The renoise 3 updates were epic.

So many new features to think about.

Its enough to explore creatively for years to come.

Renoise developers have done an awesome job.

check the release notes :

http://www.renoise.com/products/renoise/release-notes/310

The renoise 3 updates were epic.
So many new features to think about.
Its enough to explore creatively for years to come.
Renoise developers have done an awesome job.

check the release notes :

http://www.renoise.com/products/renoise/release-notes/310

Actually you are being too modest, I think the developers have done a PHENOMENAL job! All the features are very useful especially the under the hood stuff and the pattern editor and phrases ones for me personally. Keep em coming folks :slight_smile:

I had absolutely no intention of building hype, or anything of that sort. Just a simple wish to share _some_kind of news with you guys, since I was in a position where I was testing said bugfix release on a daily basis.
So, you could argue that this naive wish backfired somewhat. Lesson learned - I’m now a bit more careful making such promises.

NP. I suspected that was the case.

So, by lack of any confirmation, it sounds like the Renoise development is still put on hold - maybe even indefinitely.

Totally ‘non sequitor’: just came to my mind when doing some shopping 10 min back,
you could forgive my indulgence, it’s literature after all.

‘Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig’ -Mark Twain.

:))

@gentleclockdivider - Me sacrificed 3 Unicorns to shift up to the 3.196 Hz Frequency; now I can hear all of your thoughts via wifi and got a headache…

@El°HYM,

I was mainly hoping for some kind of small statement, as danoise suggested there might be one. Knowing if the development is active or still on hold matters to some of us, in the sense that it will affect decisions and how we invest our time.

Indeed, it might be stupid making these bumps now that trolls are pestering the forum.

You mean like all the kids already gave up & crying …& then the cashier finally pulls the joker card?

i would love another MBC…lets make it 2 times a year or 3 :slight_smile:

and the price its going to be the invisible dinosaur PBS was talking about you get to choose which one you want :slight_smile:

@gentleclockdivider - Me sacrificed 3 Unicorns to shift up to the 3.196 Hz Frequency; now I can hear all of your thoughts via wifi and got a headache…

You mean like all the kids already gave up & crying …& then the cashier finally pulls the joker card?

Just to read about yesterday’s stale keyboard brawl yet again as a quote makes me cringe. None of us answer to anyone so unless this punter @joule runs this forum, which he does not not afaik, I don’t want to read any sort of rogue language filled with slang as a sort of communication device out here, cos my patience is being tried. Also the manner in which responses are specifically targeted to tell someone and then goes on to hurl slurs at others too, to ‘either shut up or to leave this forum, or you are crazy this crazy that’ means asking for a lot of trouble.

Real life anecdote: I just happened to be invited to a national seminar out here in Delhi a couple of years back, an expert co ordinator from Singapore was giving a prep session to some Central Government candidates for an IQ test sort of training. Somehow I did not gel well with him and there were 35 such candidates in that room. He thought I was too intimidating and asked me to give a short demonstration and I choose a very simple topic of binary numbers in computer science. Little did I expect that he was using that as a ruse and he suddenly told the class in a sarcastic fashion ‘did anyone understand anything?’! The class also was kinda littered with some potential punters so some of them said no. He then said ‘if even one person could not understand what you are saying it means you did not do your job well at all.!’. I was surprised, given that I do professional security training round the world, never had an issue like this. So since it was actually a deliberate setup to make me look like an idiot I jumped gears.

I hijacked the session for rest of the day and superseded every single candidate in both answering quickness and correctness and I made it look like they did not know shit especially with tricky number sequences, my speciality…:slight_smile: Then mid way he told me to ‘just shut up’. He forgot to say please. I became totally rogue after that and obliterated the session and some of the other candidates who got my drift also joined me in a group overpowering session and I made this so called expert from Singapore lick my boots in the process. Later some students of his told me he never faced a situations this tough in his life and some students from the class later came to me to fight with me asking me 'we know you are very brilliant but why did you make him look so bad in front of everyone?!. I replied, ‘becos he forgot to say please’.

Btw I also am no stranger to office politics either and have excelled in ousting many of my colleagues covertly (cos I am well connected) where I used to work from time to time. Add to that I have a rather well built physique and am quite physically abusive with my adversaries. Just saying. You think it’s easy to survive in India being a princess (lolz?) People get murdered in this country daily in every district!

The thing is if I or anyone writes something incendiary or truly offensive then such repsonses are justified. However when someone posts an inspired short essay and then another complains about him becos he is a princess, it’s shows lack of character from the outset. It’s like telling a small child to stop asking questions about the Bible becos you are watching the news, where are your priorities?. Bad manners. Be careful next time.

What I suspect is that the fact that I challenge the thread topic for an update and compared that with someone asking for ‘better tits’ from God possibly hurt some of you. Nothing personal, seriously.