2 years without update ?

@ encrypted mind .

You seem like a decent intelligent guy , but you take everyone opportunity to polute a thread with your religious /spiritual views .sugar coated with some semi-rational thoughts .

It’s getting tiresome , and disturbing .

then please never visit India, have not yet met a man who is not a believer.
conversely, i know almost no one here in Germany who believes
the world is simply colorful

The renoise 3 updates were epic.

So many new features to think about.

Its enough to explore creatively for years to come.

Renoise developers have done an awesome job.

check the release notes :

http://www.renoise.com/products/renoise/release-notes/310

The renoise 3 updates were epic.
So many new features to think about.
Its enough to explore creatively for years to come.
Renoise developers have done an awesome job.

check the release notes :

http://www.renoise.com/products/renoise/release-notes/310

Actually you are being too modest, I think the developers have done a PHENOMENAL job! All the features are very useful especially the under the hood stuff and the pattern editor and phrases ones for me personally. Keep em coming folks :slight_smile:

I had absolutely no intention of building hype, or anything of that sort. Just a simple wish to share _some_kind of news with you guys, since I was in a position where I was testing said bugfix release on a daily basis.
So, you could argue that this naive wish backfired somewhat. Lesson learned - I’m now a bit more careful making such promises.

NP. I suspected that was the case.

So, by lack of any confirmation, it sounds like the Renoise development is still put on hold - maybe even indefinitely.

Totally ‘non sequitor’: just came to my mind when doing some shopping 10 min back,
you could forgive my indulgence, it’s literature after all.

‘Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig’ -Mark Twain.

:))

@gentleclockdivider - Me sacrificed 3 Unicorns to shift up to the 3.196 Hz Frequency; now I can hear all of your thoughts via wifi and got a headache…

@El°HYM,

I was mainly hoping for some kind of small statement, as danoise suggested there might be one. Knowing if the development is active or still on hold matters to some of us, in the sense that it will affect decisions and how we invest our time.

Indeed, it might be stupid making these bumps now that trolls are pestering the forum.

You mean like all the kids already gave up & crying …& then the cashier finally pulls the joker card?

i would love another MBC…lets make it 2 times a year or 3 :slight_smile:

and the price its going to be the invisible dinosaur PBS was talking about you get to choose which one you want :slight_smile:

@gentleclockdivider - Me sacrificed 3 Unicorns to shift up to the 3.196 Hz Frequency; now I can hear all of your thoughts via wifi and got a headache…

You mean like all the kids already gave up & crying …& then the cashier finally pulls the joker card?

Just to read about yesterday’s stale keyboard brawl yet again as a quote makes me cringe. None of us answer to anyone so unless this punter @joule runs this forum, which he does not not afaik, I don’t want to read any sort of rogue language filled with slang as a sort of communication device out here, cos my patience is being tried. Also the manner in which responses are specifically targeted to tell someone and then goes on to hurl slurs at others too, to ‘either shut up or to leave this forum, or you are crazy this crazy that’ means asking for a lot of trouble.

Real life anecdote: I just happened to be invited to a national seminar out here in Delhi a couple of years back, an expert co ordinator from Singapore was giving a prep session to some Central Government candidates for an IQ test sort of training. Somehow I did not gel well with him and there were 35 such candidates in that room. He thought I was too intimidating and asked me to give a short demonstration and I choose a very simple topic of binary numbers in computer science. Little did I expect that he was using that as a ruse and he suddenly told the class in a sarcastic fashion ‘did anyone understand anything?’! The class also was kinda littered with some potential punters so some of them said no. He then said ‘if even one person could not understand what you are saying it means you did not do your job well at all.!’. I was surprised, given that I do professional security training round the world, never had an issue like this. So since it was actually a deliberate setup to make me look like an idiot I jumped gears.

I hijacked the session for rest of the day and superseded every single candidate in both answering quickness and correctness and I made it look like they did not know shit especially with tricky number sequences, my speciality…:slight_smile: Then mid way he told me to ‘just shut up’. He forgot to say please. I became totally rogue after that and obliterated the session and some of the other candidates who got my drift also joined me in a group overpowering session and I made this so called expert from Singapore lick my boots in the process. Later some students of his told me he never faced a situations this tough in his life and some students from the class later came to me to fight with me asking me 'we know you are very brilliant but why did you make him look so bad in front of everyone?!. I replied, ‘becos he forgot to say please’.

Btw I also am no stranger to office politics either and have excelled in ousting many of my colleagues covertly (cos I am well connected) where I used to work from time to time. Add to that I have a rather well built physique and am quite physically abusive with my adversaries. Just saying. You think it’s easy to survive in India being a princess (lolz?) People get murdered in this country daily in every district!

The thing is if I or anyone writes something incendiary or truly offensive then such repsonses are justified. However when someone posts an inspired short essay and then another complains about him becos he is a princess, it’s shows lack of character from the outset. It’s like telling a small child to stop asking questions about the Bible becos you are watching the news, where are your priorities?. Bad manners. Be careful next time.

What I suspect is that the fact that I challenge the thread topic for an update and compared that with someone asking for ‘better tits’ from God possibly hurt some of you. Nothing personal, seriously.

I cant believe how much I learn from your posts, encryptedmind. And even the wittiness! It’s amazing + mind is blown et c, et c

The stage is yours!

PS. I’ve worked with people who are even more histrionic, and I’ve found that the only way to deal with them is to either ignore or ridicule (verbal judo). There’s a lesson for you.

I’m not using Renoise much these days, I just passed by to see if there’s any update or some cool new feature to get me inspired and I stumbled upon this thread.

Let me preface that I’m a software developer, so I know a thing or two about software life-cycles. I know how stressful it can be to have people constantly asking you for updates and new features and I’m also aware of how easy it is to burn-out in our job. Sometimes you just lose interest in a project because it doesn’t offer anymore an interesting challenge or you’re aware of changes / rafactorings to be made to keep it going and simply you find it boring or overly complicated. There are million things that can go wrong while developing a software and a million reasons why you don’t want to work on it anymore or you simply can’t.

So, If the developers are absent or don’t give us updates and don’r communicate about the future of the project, I 100% understand them.

But , and I want to be as straight as possible in this, I’ve read here multiple “the software hasn’t been updated in 2 years and that’s because it’s perfect as it is” is bullshit.

No software is perfect and no software project is ever completed. Yes, there are some base command-line utilities in Unix (copy files, list the content of a directory) that haven’t been touched in like 20 years, but that’s an exception. Renoise is a complex software with the enormously broad scope of “making music”, you can’t draw a line anywhere and just say “That’s it. No bug will ever appear anymore, no matter what you do. It can’t run smoother or faster, we have covered all the possibile platoforms and there are no more possible features that can improve users’ workflow and creativity”. It doesn’t work this way and it doesn’t make sense.

There are bug reports that haven’t been taken care of. There are long-requested features (proper sample track?) that are still in hiatus. A software is perfect and finished when nobody can even imagine a missing feature and without giving it too much thought, I can invent new features right now:

1. Renoise is mainly sample based, but it supports VSTs. It could come up with its own basic VSTs like most DAWs do. FL Studio has loads, some free, some not, some as basic as 3 OSCillators and a filter, some as complex as Harmor. Renoise could come packed with some VSTs, the area of improvement is limitless. It could provide a way to mix and match basic generators with filters and envelopes and effects and let you create your own instruments like MAX do.

2. Is Renoise perfect for live performances? No. It could copy / steal / improve / get inspired by Ableton Live workflow

3. Does it integrate perfectly with any hardware controller? Nope. Area of improvement

4. Does Renoise make it easy to live-record vocals / instruments and integrate the recording with your track? Does it have comping? Does it have audio tracks? Is it easy to visualize and work with audio tracks that span multiple patterns? No. Another area of improvement.

I could really go onat libitum, and the thing is, you could too. This is just a wake-up call for those that for reasons that elude me want to negate that Renoise, as much as we love it, is a wonderful project that has been having severe development problems in the last years. Pretending that this is not true and telling yourself that is is all natural and planned because the software is perfect doesn’t help anyone, nor the developers, the community, nor yourself. It’s just being delusional.

Just my 2 cents smile.png

Made a post saying exactly what you said in the first half and I agree about the second half completly.

I think at some point we must break the ice, restore the dialogue (and maybe the motivation ?). Why not make a Renoise meet up with the devs in berlin. Just chat and beers, and maybe a couple performances if the place makes it possible…

Where’s the cringe emoticon when you need one?

Actually you are being too modest, I think the developers have done a PHENOMENAL job!

Yes.

The first reason I bought Renoise was that I liked the workflow, I loved the tracker approach, I liked how powerfull it was and Renoise made me enjoy making music the old style way I did when I was 15.
The second reason I bought reason was this part:

IF The Renoise developers want new people to buy a registered version, they might have to keep the software attractive.
Now this is what happens: New users browse these forums… see the topics with “Where’s the new update”… looking at “Registration Benefits” and thinking…

“hmm?” :unsure:

The fact is, I can make everything I want with this version. I don’t need fancy updates. There are plenty of forum members making AMAZING TOOLS and OTHER stuff. For things I can’t do in Renoise I maybe using an other daw once in a while.
I am not complaining.
I just HATE the fact new possible users will not buy this lovely,amazing and wonderful product, missing the joy I have in my experience with Renoise… and that all because of no frequent updates.
It just sad.

there will be no 3.2, next version is renoise II revenge of castle ramdiskstein
the purpose is to have a more proffitable licence because that seems reasonable to me
ok, guys, I did my part, we can move on to the next thread and skip the mammals of choice
don’t bother telling me when you’ve moved, I’ll just follow the trail of 50 notifications a day that an important old thread has been bumped with our seasonal reanacment

+1 for fix the vibrato and tremelo commands so they cycle in time, and audiotracks!

( maybe they already fixed those commands in 3.1 I havent re-checked yet )

Liberty and independence for Renoise! Tear down that wall! Release the sources!

omfg man your new tools are awesome! post them in the tool-forums please!!

THIS is so freaking cool. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Thanks! I think u requested gui handle automation for vst, afaik… So I added that, too.

worshippy.gif worshippy.gif worshippy.gif worshippy.gif worshippy.gif

Go make a new thread!

I cant believe how much I learn from your posts, encryptedmind. And even the wittiness! It’s amazing + mind is blown et c, et c

The stage is yours!

PS. I’ve worked with people who are even more histrionic, and I’ve found that the only way to deal with them is to either ignore or ridicule (verbal judo). There’s a lesson for you.

The only lesson I have ‘learnt’ is that deranged idiots live in this forum, which is way digestible than the lesson you learnt in the other conversation of ours on another thread from me. I also noticed that joule rhymes with fool. It shows how much experience you have working in healthcare when you abuse whatever 3 cents worth of basically hollow forum status post counts in your profile, and try to make passes at others psych profiles, talk about professional integrity. I never use your tools anyways so does it matter? Not to me in anyway.

Also the only time we had a conversation was in the flat earth thread where you had a very hard time ‘ridiculing’ or ‘ignoring’ because you got served and your asinine low IQ alphabet soups don’t count as ‘brainy posts’. So stop contradicting yourself and get off my dk, py. Your kind don’t survive too well where I come from. It’s good you can type from somewhere remote, you have no d"k, no brains for sure and becos you are a nerd no brawns either. I got all 3, shitloads of cash and even more experience dealing with your type in real world where it matters. The funny thing is the only way you try to make yourself relevant is by creating discord and try to make it look as if you have an authority in what you say. Yet again contradicting yourself you cannot even put together a sentence without getting screwed in the process. Did you write a book in psychoanalysis or what? Show me the Amazon link, pretentious faker. Your only leverage is that you live 10000 miles away from me so good luck with having your ass not kicked yet. You go about in these forums with some weird sense of entitlement as if rest of the members were born to answer to your tastes, so you have to express your concern of comfort as if I give two shits about it. If the only other time we had a conversation was when I jacked up my rose up your pretentious vase and made it look good and tore your own posts to bits, where is your leverage? You thought you can just make some noise and get away with it so easily like a payback. Gather some punters and make a commotion.

You look like the bastard child of Santa Claus who disowned you and you still have daddy issues, hence you wear his hat. The other problem is that your you have only 3 brain cells that count, like literally. One as an accumulator, second as an incrementer and third as the symbolic processor. Thus you have exactly 4 Billion brain cells(could be less or more) that are showing up in a count, because you take pride in being an analytical robot boy, but it doesn’t matter at all, because they don’t ‘count’, so essentially you are carrying a big pile of garbage between your ears. Your compiler sucks and cannot process others programs and you spew errors and because your lexical parser and tokenizer is non existent all that we unfortunately get to see is a garbled BSOD(omy). Also because you don’t spew the error code, we have no way of knowing what exactly is f****** wrong with you. In our diplomatic circles we have a derogatory saying that you can make a donkey out of a man, but not a man out of a donkey. Poise and grace do matter, and going by your style you have none. You are one of those guys who would be ridiculed in the street because we have everything more than you and we can laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh till we break you down. We will call you a nerd, Santa’s aboy (what, you thought we did not know?), tool builder that sells for nothing, Mr. Drain Brain, Mr. Garbage Head, Ugly Face, Ugly py, we will joke about how your 3 brain cells came one from your mom’s and dad each and the third is yours, makes we wonder if you really are the smartest in your family, at least biologically it makes sense according to my ‘anal-lysis’; Mr. Virgin(except in the a*), can’t even call you a faggot (for obvious reasons!) and so on and so forth…Being a looker in life I would personally throw an old Steve Madden shoe at your face and say “shit? Even my shoe looks better than you’! Now pick it up please.” "My gf would say “who is this p***y, cos he looks even more beat down than mine, hahaha!” And then you will come crying home every single day to your Momma. Boohoo Vic and his pals beat me everyday. You one lucky bugger you not born in my area.

In our circles where money, influence, connections, good looks, education, exposure and good dose of class and style matter, you know guys and girls who come wearing a Versace and can play classical piano or violin, dad is a banker, takes vacations 4 times a year…you don’t stand a chance. You are doing yourself a disservice by trying to pull people down to your level rather than level up and build camaraderie with show of true skill,passion, power and style, like a boxing match, rather than a beat down by jumping someone which is more akin to your style innit?. You want to ridicule others becos others don’t give two shits to you. That shows what kind of society you come from, typical working class, backward minded( I got no beef with them though, love their ethics and honesty, just the worst of the bunch). You won’t last a single dinner conversation in my circle, where we cannibalize our guests, cos we don’t party with brainless, brawnless and d***kless folks. And get yourself a suit for godsakes…

At a dinner party :

Person 1: Hello there! I am Amanda. You like the venue?

Joule;(speaks in nerd monotone) Hi my name is Joule, I make a tool that will make you drool, please don’t think I am a fool, I am cool! The Renoise forum is where ‘AI’ (Artificially IntelliGENT, substitutes human brain and the pronoun for AI) (‘think’) ‘AI’ rool (brags to girl about his fiefdom). Can I tell you about your psych profile (literally the first thing he asks!)?

Result: Amanda leaves the room.

Inference: Joule has never been laid.

And pls don’t reply to my posts ever(unless you say sorry). I got better things to do with my time.

I do learn too you would agree for sure and be happy about it! You don’t have my typing speed or my lyrical propensity
so I strongly suggest you to write a Lua script instead to print the statements formulating in your dead brain to STDOUT expressing screaming pain(the kind that stretches you somewhere down…) from what has entered your STDIN and let the Renoise Lua interpreter do the thinking for you (as always)…

I ridiculed you and I will ignore you from now on. Thanks a lot for the lesson. I take notes too, even from idiots especially if they are really good ones.

See that, Vic, the way I handled the situation just then, all cool-like?
Just sayin’ B)

Agree 100% and thanks for your forum support and couple others too like @random and @oopslfly. Big up.

Sometimes though a little stronger vaccine is required, not the disease mind you! (Also I am still mostly jollying around…cyberspace is a bipolar teenage girl)

@encryptedmind,

You’re wearing down my scroll wheel a bit here…

What about trying to adhere to European standards instead of being a misfit here? I’ve gathered that you have a slight inferiority complex towards western culture, so here are some words of advice:

1. Meritocracy is more important than gorilla posturing. Try to contribute something useful.
  2. Learn to express yourself more briefly. People dislike walls of text, especially if they don’t contain much of value.
  3. In general, avoid low status behaviour: bragging, threats, bad humour. It’s called ‘being civilized’.
  4. Bonus: avoid religion. Religiousness proves lack of enlightenment and gullibility. It will make every message you send less credible.

Considering your lack of character, you have a serious chance of evolving as a human being if you consider these points.