3.1 Instrument saving Question

My licence ran out at 3, so i am guessing this is just a demo issue, but when i save an instrument (Drum kit, separate outs) it doesn’t save the output names (Tracks) or the group i grouped them all in to, this is just a demo limitation right, the full version isn’t like that ?

For me the output track is saved, and shows up when loaded into a song (if the track exists).

The output routings are indeed saved with the instrument, but it’s important to keep in mind that they are just loose assignments to some track index in your song, as it existed at that moment in time.

If you save the instrument from a song with a particular track structure, and load it into a different song with a different track structure, then the routings may end up in a place you didn’t expect, or they may simply be unassigned and revert back to the default “current track” routing.

For example:

• You have a song which contains 8 tracks.
  • You have an instrument with routings to tracks 5, 6, 7 and 8.
  • You save that instrument and load it into a different song which only has 4 tracks.
  • The routings link to tracks that do not exist any more, and so they get reset to the default “current track” routing instead.
    The same applies to groups. If the instrument was routed to group tracks, and the group does not exist in the new song, or the group has a different arrangement of tracks, and so on… then something weird is likely to happen.

In short, the track/group structure is part the song, not part of the instrument.

That’s a shame, i would have expected a group instrument that intelligently loaded the group by creating extra new tracks after the track the instrument was loaded on to, oh well