32-bit plugins bugging

Hey forums.

Some months ago i had an issue where my plugins would not respond directly when i changed some parameters. Its like, whenever i turn a knob, the parameter gets changed, but the knob still stays in same position until i click within the window again. I still have this issue, but i found out something strange about this.

Apparently, this only applies to both my 32bit vst and au plugins. I have plugins like Black Noh Snare working perfectly well in 64bit, but strangely my 32bit au plugin “Cheeze Machine” works perfectly fine! Is there anything i have failed to configure or is it simply my plugins being buggy?

If plugins are bridged (either if you checked "Run all plugins in sandboxes"option or you are running 32-bit plugins in the 64-bit version of Renoise) and behave erratically, the question is if plugins depend on factors being present that do not work in a sandboxed environment. A good example are client/server plugins (like sidechain plugins) that need to communicate with eachother by passing data through the same memory space. If these plugin run natively in Renoise (meaning unbridged) they share the same memory space. If they are bridged, they have their own exclusive memory area and cannot see eachother or reach eachothers variables to pass and receive which can cause buggy behaviors, crashes or unplanned results.

Perhaps the plugins in your case that need to update their visual aspect of the GUI need a specific reply from the host that only works if they both share the same memory and fail in bridged cases.
What happens if you run these plugins in the 32-bit of Renoise?

If plugins are bridged (either if you checked "Run all plugins in sandboxes"option or you are running 32-bit plugins in the 64-bit version of Renoise) and behave erratically, the question is if plugins depend on factors being present that do not work in a sandboxed environment. A good example are client/server plugins (like sidechain plugins) that need to communicate with eachother by passing data through the same memory space. If these plugin run natively in Renoise (meaning unbridged) they share the same memory space. If they are bridged, they have their own exclusive memory area and cannot see eachother or reach eachothers variables to pass and receive which can cause buggy behaviors, crashes or unplanned results.

Perhaps the plugins in your case that need to update their visual aspect of the GUI need a specific reply from the host that only works if they both share the same memory and fail in bridged cases.
What happens if you run these plugins in the 32-bit of Renoise?

running them in 32-bit just makes the windows almost nonresponsive. The plugins work though but it really aint usable at all