3D effect command for 5+1 or 7+1

Hello.

How about add 3D effect command and extra column for 5+1 or 7+1 soundcards withouth any need or special 3D VST (as build in feature, as reverb or echo is)???

3D soundcards are very very low priced nowadays, even my lowcost Intel motherboard gots build in 7+1 soundcard for example.And this will open doors to new markets too…

3D Command (in extra column): X0Y-10Z0

Imagine room X=10m x Y=10m x Z=10m.

All numbers can be from -10 to plus 10.

1 means very loud sound

10 means almost silent sound

Your head is:

X=0m

Y=0m

Z=0m

See picture (cartesian coordinate system):

3_Dsound.gif

When you want to hear “loud” sound on LEFT in distance of 1M:

X= 0

Y= 1 (plus one)

Z= 0

When you want to hear “silent” sound on RIGHT in distance of 10M:

X= 0

Y= -10 (minus ten)

Z= 0

When you want to hear “normal” sound ABOVE in distance of 5M:

X=0

Y=0

Z= 5 (plus five)

This can be useful for:

• orchestral compositions

-movie soundtrack

• art performances

• 3D electronic dance music

What you think about this mine little “Renoise3D” brainstorming?

Your best bet is to get asio 4 all, don’t enable ‘Limit to stereo’ in the audio preferences, now simply make multiple send tracks that are routed to each output respectively.

Getting the distances to work correctly demands fancy room simulations, reverberated or not. Something thatis alreadymuch better done by a vst.

we still don’t have note length click and drag, zoom out or anything every daw has, guys, lets focus on that first :c

Another suggestion from another forum (demoscene) was:

“Seems to me you could implement surround in a tracker pretty easily by mapping the numbers in your panning command to (rough) degrees on a circle, i.e. Z00=0° (front), Z40=90° (right), Z80=180° (rear), etc. No need to mess around with multiple axis pan commands. This would assume the listener has their speaker placement correctly, but that’s not the fault of the musician/tracker designer if it’s wrong…”

16018-speakerplacement_7_1.gif