5 Button Mouse Support

Title says it all really. Like a lot of people, I’ve got a 5 button mouse and being able to assign some shortcuts to the extra two on the side would come in really handy.

On a similar thought train;

how about an ability to map multi-key commands to single keys?

I love renoise for its mouse-optional layout and the hotkeys and shortcuts make sequencing so fast its not even funny, 1200-1800x faster than any Ableton.

I just think that having the ctrl+_ commands mapped to single keys on the 10 key would make things in a live situation so much easier; laptop buttons are small and often easy to hit the wrong one, but a peripheral USB 10key with the keys mapped to cut-paste as well as quarter-pattern position shortcuts would solve all the (minuscule in comparison to those rgarding Live and piano roll in general) issue(s).

I havent actually checked to see fi there already is that ability, somehow…

I think there is…

perhaps you should ignore me…

But yes i agree that there should be support for alternate interface peripherals.

Imagine a single-hand chorded keyboard like the twiddler alongside the midi controller…

And youre imagining what i imagine when i thnk of the future of live sequencing and/or looping, gesture-based wireless wearable interface, where teh artist can not only interact with teh dancefloor or audience but BE A PART OF IT. That is my dream, to play a set, while dancing in the Sweet Spot.

Still think this would be awesome for quick Undo/Redo.