808/Sub Bass Glides

Hey all, I’m new to renoise having came from Ableton. I’m wondering if anybody can help me.

Is it possible to do bass glides like in this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvOVhUu34Dg&list=RDek4VjsK94Lc

Currently I’ve used a similar bass sample and tried to use glides to no avail. I can’t even get the glide feature to work with a sample.

I’ll dig around some more, I just wanted to know if it’s possible to do with Renoise fx to save me barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks all.

Are you using the Uxx / Dxx commands? That’s how I do it.

1 Like

Just checked the docs, that’s slide up and down. No I haven’t tried that. Thanks will try now.

I feel like a bit of an idiot now. I was typing the effects commands into the master fx strip. I didn’t realise I had to check the “fx” button at the bottom of the tracker to show them.

When I type in a fx command by hand, such as entering the letter u during record mode, it inserts U000 and places the cursor on the next line. Is it possible to have it not go to the next line so I can enter the hex value of the effect?

Try holding down the shift key when you type the letter and numbers(?)

No luck :frowning:

Oh I see, you are entering into a note fx column. You can just enter into a standard fx column (with the shift key).

Note to @taktik, shift key should hold the line advancement of the cursor when entering effects into a note fx column?

1 Like

Thank you, that works fine :slight_smile: