A Bill Of Assertive Rights

An assertive bill of rights:

1. We have the right to turn down invitations for working collaboratively. No matter how small and ‘temporary’ the project may be, we do not have to squeeze it in.
  2. We have the right to be in a collaboration but choose and be clear about our level of engagement, which includes a clear and flexible statement of when the projects ends.
  3. We have the right to not play live if we do not want to, irrespective of how much others want to play live for whatever reason.
  4. We have the right to say we are not interested in helping or paying attention to another person’s project.
  5. We have the right to pull out of a project if we feel it is a necessary priority, either in deferral or permanently.
  6. We have the right to not accept work even if it is of a commercial nature, as money and worry about money poisons creative intentions if allowed to dominate.
  7. We have the right to work on our own projects at whatever level of our choosing without guilt or acceptance of vilification or manipulation (via guilt) from others.
  8. We have the right to our own leisure time and time for recuperation outside of music in whatever amount we see fit without accepting guilt projected from others.
  9. We have the right to not work on music at all, even for no apparent reason.
  10. We have the right to honor the natural expression of our inspiration and work as best we can to enjoy creation to ensure the best possible expression of it, and therefore we have the right to nurture that process with or without other people involved as we see fit.

Had a bad collab recently foo? ? :P

No, not at all! Just thinking I could better organise myself :D

1. We have the right to keep BPM below 200.
  1. we have the right to overcome the schema of a decalogue.
  1. We have the right not to succumb to superstitions about having 13 rights.
  1. We have the right to edit.
  1. we have the right to quote multiple messages.
  1. We have the right to log out of the forum at any time.
  1. We do not have the right to post anonymously anymore, which really sucks, although I understand that it was because of spambots.
  1. We have the right to rights 1-though-18, but not right 19.
  1. We have the right to workarounds
  1. We have the right to literacy.
  1. we have the right to count backward.

0x17. we have the right to count properly.

21.5 We have right to print out mmd 10 rights and frame it on our studio wall.

Do I have the right to keep collaborating? :o

1. We have the right to collaborate, even with oneself.
  1. We have the right to ignore genre requests from friends who are still hung up on the cheezy dance music I made 9 years ago.

Yes Alex! Hope no alarm is caused. Read more here for clarity: http://m.thequietrevolution.net/mmd/2009/0…bill-of-rights/

Finishing our mini-album is a major priority the first half of this year. Too many good tunes that have got to be shared with the re-world ;)

Like I said to BYTE earlier I wrote the list in order to better organise my own head on the matter. I though the list would be useful for other artists.