A Couple Of Issues I'd Like To Bring Up

these pro gay replies are by far the stupidist shit i have ever read on here

gays are sodomite…PERIOD

a satanist doesnt go around asking for equal rights

gay people are only the biological answer to population control & high fashion losers

oops i said it

i’ve personally know a few fags
one thing i found most prominent is the fact they are deviants,junkies & Drama Queens.
on the other hand most of them were very wealthy and intelligent
i do agree, alot of ppl that hate fags are ignorant,
i can only speak for myself, in my eyes i see it as being more focused

so quit crying

an get back to making choon

FAGS :ph34r:

sorry but this whole mighty renoise is totally unbelievable fag… :DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

I’m just asking myself how long will it take for any admin/moderator to step on this thread and finally close it or move it in the OffTopic forum that’s definitely the forum it belongs to. <_<

protools is for fags!

Back to the point, LOTS of nice thoughts coming here, I think there should be both a paypal account for those who want to donate more everytime more news about 1.5 comes and they wet themselves in happiness (no offence to those who wet themselves in happiness), and there should also be an optional amount when you register, like with mIRC. (yes, I registered mIRC!!), where those with lotsa money can contribute more.

Oh, and mister Choise… I’m glad you posted that, just to show the diversity of Renoie-users. Even ignorant, hateful gaybashers like yourself! Know that approx. 1/10 of the male population of the world is gay (less female % are gay). Strong statement, but backed up by lots of research. That’s 10% of the WORLDS male population you think are dragqueens, fashion-nuts, deviants and junkies???

That only tells me how ignorant you are!

Hm, let’s start a new topic: “what’s your sexual orientation” and see how many will answer “none of your damn buisness, go track!”

:D
Well, maybe we can accept having two different topics in that one topic now.
About Renoise and its price:

Maybe we can wait and have newer ideas which are more suitable considering the newer version of Renoise.

The ethic discussion:

I’m really happy to see how many people care about the ethics in this forum. For me it shows more, that many different useres who see Renoise the first time, will feel comfortable here because there is always someone who will understand them.
We all tend sometimes to use simple words which can be misunderstood.
But the more you try to care about your words, the more people will understand you the right way. For sure there is no guarantee that you won’t ever be misunderstood.

That’s true. Shogun’s remarks don’t strike me as evil-intended, really… But the choise of words ARE remarkably bad… I mean, there are SO many people saying “oh, this is so gay”, and sure most of them don’t necessarily mean to diss anyone, it’s just an expression. But it’s a crappy one, make no mistake…

Shogun: If your friends used the N-word (I simply WON’T type it!!) all the time, would you find it ok as well, and ask yourself why people were offended when you used it in a non-related context? Think 2 secs before you type, you only come out as an idiot when you insist on your right for freedom of speech (to say what, fags?)…

And we all seem to agree. Paypal is nice. :)

hey I registered mIRC too! :)

there was a special offer during which the registratio price was donated to Red Cross, so I made it.

about the paypal account, that would be a good idea in my opinion. I would be glad to contribute. I’m going to write a note about this in the developers list.

i guess i see your point.

its sucks for gay people the use of the word being asociated with somthing bad.

but the use of the word is to me only to be seriously hurt when its aimed in ones direction.

lol. to me the actions that gays do is a funny concept. they f**** eachother in the ass!
to compare protools users with “fags”, is a great diss to them.

i apologize if i offended you.

i am not a gaybasher, homophobe, or anything of the sort.
i am simply a man, who when i hit my friends in the shoulder for cheating at basket ball, i say “stupid fag”!

i feel the men (americans at least)
are going soft!
kids used to be more tuff, now everything is about image and things that men shouldnt be worried about.
queer eye for the straight guy!
NO MORE DODGEBALL!

boys should be boys!
and do boy things. IE
punch eachother work on chevys!

it seems we reached the point where people do really start opening up … I would call you a macho, shogun, and hey, I am feminist ;)

Shogun, maybe you’ll change your opinion once you’ve collected some experiances. You won’t die or be ‘The Uncool’ by being a little bit emancipated/democratic/whatever. No, you’ll get to know people who respect you for that and consider your maturity.

i guess so .

what this tells me is when im in the situation with people i dont know i will walk on eggshells when i talk and not let this slip.

as far as my views on the sons of america goin soft.
i stick by that.
society’s need for mass media
has in a scence made society as a whole in my oppinion turn a lil soft.
but thats a whole nother convo.

the fag issue

has tought me this in front of friends its acceptible.
strangers it is not.

only issue i have is with ANYONE trying to smear my name and label me as ignorant to win points.(from whom i dont know)

i am not ignorant, i made a mistake in thinking i could talk on the bored like id talk to my friends!
MISTAKE

i expect anyone who takes it personal, what i said, to watch what kind of labels that are thrown in my direction if they want to trullly get thru to me.
i will in turn show the same respect

I’ve got two words: American Beauty. ;)

But I dunno… It can’t be applied to all gayhaters (and I’m still not calling you one, shogun… :) ), cos are all racists afraid they might be black?

Shogun: I agree with you to some point, but one should be aware of both ones feminine and masculine sides. But some people are born with a more masculine/feminine brain, and that’s just the way it is sometimes… You can’t force a feminine child to be masculine, that goes against his nature!

I see we’re slowly sliding toward psychology.
Let me know when we’re there…
That should be in the next 15-20 posts… :)

Sure, I’ll PM you, m8. :P

ok. so if your remark was NOT ignorant, according to you, what could you say that you would consider ignorant?

i would be deeply offended if someone called me a “cubase user”. and i think it’s an insult to homosexuals to call them cubase users.

ignorant punk.

Hey, Cubase ain’t THAT bad! :P

Oh, and a funny footnote… I happen to have a homosexual friend who IS a Cubase user. :walkman:

…He wouldn’t be offended…

:lol: :lol: thanks dude :D
( if the thread does not die before… as it seems it’s doing)

Yes, more or less.
It’s obviously NOT about the color of the skin. That’s just the “focusing” point. It’s a matter of knowledge, a matter of what you know, what you “have been told”. So, in a certain way, what a racist fears, is a certain promiscuity with something he/she has been told to be pretty wrong.

You can tell this because we have forms of racism even among people with the very same skin color. As you might easily understand this is obviously tied to the local culture and it surely indicates a very simple mind. So every culture developes their own very special “wrong”… and they recognize themselves as the “good” and form up some sort of “Cultural clan”

So the main concern for the “racist” is to be recognized from his cultural and social environment, other clanners, as “ok”… because that’s who the racist’s going to relate to. Part of this being OK, is obviously about refusing “wrong side” people.
Here comes the tricky part… because when you “integrate” the ideas living outside of your mind into your own set of ideas… you usually stop realizing you’ve been “told” that… and slowly start to feel those ideas as based on your own feeling.
This means that in the beginning, when “young”, a “Not-completely-racist-yet” person, as long as no other “cultural clanners” are around him judging him, can easily have business, make friendship, have sex… with “wrong” people. Other interesting point to remark is that “Not-Racist-yet” persons are going to xpress themselves with racist remarks only when “other people” are looking or listening at them… or reading :)

When the cultural “pill” has been swallowed and digested it might happen that one integrates the “social” rules and start to think these are “Natural” rules and start to act and behave according to these even when there is nothing to display to people.

As the main intention for the starter racist is to be “ok” to other people, you can detect that the main fear should be being considered as “wrong” as the other clanners are considering the “wrong” side to be.
So, as you supposed, the white racist is indeed afraid of being seen as a “black” from the other white people in his clan. You know… “friend of black people”…
an homosexual… or a “friend of gay people”…
a subversive… or a “friend of communists”…
an atheist… or a “friends of sinners”…
etc. etc.
This obviously works with many things other than the simple racism.

Well, let’s keep the thread alive, then. B)

I totally agree with your points made there, and it amplifies the points made in my thread. That, in my opinion, the statement that most straight people who bash gays and act homophobic are in fact gay themselves. I hear that SO often now it’s lost its value…

On the racist issue (as this thread really is all about prejudice anyway), I see a LOT of it here in Oslo (Norway). About i.e. pakistani people. Some prejudice IS correct, based on cultural differences and upbringing (it’s not always wrong to say that people from there and there are so and so, to a certaint extent), but it seems that so many people take the easy way out and judge everybody cos of a few bad cases. Don’t bother to get to know any of the real cool (ex) pakistanis out there.

In summation, laziness and fear brings out a lot of racism. But we all knew that… :rolleyes: