A Few Points To Consider

Somewhat recent I was at KVR & just happened to mention that if a person was DEMOing a commercial plug you might as well record some samples for personal use…

Well, several members jumped on me like I was the biggest piece-o-shitz in the cosmos & one said that “If I were a Moderator I’d BAN you so fast it would make your F%@#King head spin!”…Oh really? Just because you are pissed?

My response was…UHHHhh…Well, you know the movie ‘Deliverance’ don’t you? They had a hard time trying to find an actor who would have their two front teeth pulled for the second rapist hillbilly…However they discovered Herbert Coward who already had 'em missing through Burt Reynolds. So on the phone with Coward they stated frankly “You know that in your role as a rapist hillbilly you’ll be simulating the rape of a MAN”…His response was “I’VE DONE WORSE!”…

So my response was basically THAT…“I’ve done worse”. Now THIS IS THE CATCH!!

It appears that nobody knows how to debate or even wants to engage in it!!

I lay down the argument that many, MANY desktop musicians have created & rendered out FULL COMPOSITIONS using DEMO plugs…That’s like a big long single sample!

For the second round much more to add I state that many…MANY youtube channels record & publish videos of DEMO plugs, uploaded for all to see on channels that are MONETIZED!!..Yes, money made on these and since money made there is legal right for compensation…

Yet, of course, these subjects are avoided as there are no responses for them…

Nope, back to me being a piece-o-shitz…

During this I was mentioning Tone2’s seek-n-destroy of blacklisted keys & other facets of their products then Krause himself comes on & denies it as being ‘spyware’…Well, if it’s looking about your machine for ANYTHING, it’s SPYWARE!

He then states he’s putting in a request to have me banned, etc…Well, it didn’t work and for someone LIKE ME a developer making enemies with me, well, I won’t say anything HERE, leave it to your imagination…Tone2 has become my new hobby…I see their products in a ‘whole new light’…

The point of this is not the particulars…I don’t care, If I HAD been banned I could just come on again under new email-username…And all the pertinent posts have been wiped out in the thread by admins…

Fact remains…I am lowest for considering making samples from demo plug for personal use only whilst everyday tons of others make money using same plug, that THEY have not purchased, in a video, published for all to see, on their monetized channel…

There’re many, really many famous producers out there who even made their big hits with pirated software. Maybe the people who’re pissed are just fanatics. I even had some experiences where people were pissed because someone also was using a demo version or was using ripped samples from other’s music. And these persons who were pissed are making cover versions and remixes from other’s music by themselves and upload them everyday without asking for permissions to the original authors. If it’s only for private use, then all is fine. As soon as they upload their remixes without permissions from the original authors, it’s no private use anymore. So where’s the sense to be pissed because one makes music with a demo version?

I also must laugh often when i’m watching tutorials on Youtube, where you can see that they use pirated software in their videos.:smile:

2 Likes

So normally you can also sue him, because he has “hacked” your computer with methods that also are illegal.

1 Like

“reality is what you can get away with” -discordian pope Robert Anton Wilson

or, it all depends on how punk rock you wanna be…

not saying there aren’t justifiable consequences to choice & action, but “a good artist borrows & a great artist steals” -picasso (stolen no doubt from someone else)

4 Likes

Yeah, well, my machine hasn’t been hacked…I use the freeware firebird on it but NOT the one from tone2 but the ‘scene’ release that is fully baptized with all malware removed…

I have seen much garbage happening to OTHER peeps machines though…

If unsure best to-
-Run on a secondary machine not hooked to internet & has NO OTHER tone2 or ReFX stuff…In other words pick ONE tone2 kabob cause it may look for OTHER tone2 or ReFX but it cannot discern it’s own status unless phoning home…
-If you wanna run another tone2 kabob do it on a THIRD machine, etc…
-What then? If you want some sounds out of tone2 then sample out into SFZ libraries or HILIFE libraries or whatever then you can enjoy the sounds on ANY machine…

Case closed…I plan on making some HILIFE & SFZ-SF2s out of output of firebird then moving on from there…

1 Like

@Iconoklast

I already answered to you in the other forum, but my own post to you also got deleted by the admin.

• You should not believe anything that you read in the internet…

• We got strict laws concerning privacy in Germany. It’s illegal to transmit data from users without permission. Our protection never did and does not submit any private info from the user

• Unlike many other well known companies which I will not mention here we do not ‘Spy’ on our customers and we do not use tracking cookies on our website

• We blacklist keys that have been bought with stolen credit cards and that have been uploaded to warez pages. This is a common practise in the software industry

• We use a user-friendly copy-protection: No dongle, does not install an additional ‘license-manager’ or driver, no cloud, no data-collection, no need to be online

• We do not care about ReFX products. This would not make sense at all as they are a competing company

• NanoHost (the product you have posting about in the other forum) does not have and never had any kind of copy protection. It’s freeware

If you got further questions you can contact us here: