A Few Questions

Hello Renoisers

There are currently 3 things that are bugging me, so here we go:

1. Renoise takes very long time on startup, because it’s “Enumerating available MIDI devices”. I think this could be skipped since I neither use and even own a MIDI device. Any help on this? Already looked in the in the Preferences but couldn’t find anything that helps.

2. I want to make a Delay effect on a sound where the sound is delayed in the following lines (LPB 8): 6, 8, 14, 16, 22, 24, 30, 32, …

So basically on every beat but always one delay 2 lines before too. Of course I tried the automation envelope on all the different effects of the Delay, but I can’t seem to achieve this particular delay.

1. I have applied an effect-VST-plugin which goes pretty much the entire song, but that single VST is taking more than 10% CPU which is quite a lot for a simple reverb VST. Is this normal or is there a way to bypass this…??

Only way to do this with the native effect I can think of is to program the extra beat. So you have a Delay device with delay of 8 lines. Note on first line then note repeated on line 6 but at a lower level. Now both will repeat at 8 lines each and give you the effect you desire, just a bit of work getting it all right to start.

Mathematical entry for delay could be an interesting idea. (8X - 2) and (8X) where X is number of repeat. Would have to use one in left and one in right unless it was made multi-tap through it :D

EDIT: And do both your MIDI Device sections in Preferences say None? Mine do and boots up nice and fast. WinXP SP3. Bit slower in Linux but pretty sure that’s audio stuff.

What OS are you using?

Mmm… I don’t understand this :(

Yeah that would be great.

Yes.

I’m using Windows Vista (blame me for this…) on a Notebook.

And any thoughts on the VST issue?

Reverbs especially long reverbs are actually pretty heavy on CPU. On a notebook running Vista I guess it’s just the way it is… You can try to change the sample rate and buffer size in the preferences but generally there isn’t much you can do about it.