a future competition maybe

i think a good price for the winners can be a soundcloud repost by all the other contestants ??

what do you think ???

i think a good price for the winners can be a soundcloud repost by all the other contestants ??

what do you think ???

I agree, cheap and practical!

i was thinking a solid 15 min of fame jjj with good old taktik so the winner can ask 3 questions about the future like an oracle or something

but hes not going to agreed :frowning:

jaajaj welll you never know … :badteeth:

Themselves, the selfish bastards.

I mean of course the dnb track will win, but then there are other tracks, which will not win, but are better :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean of course the dnb track will win, but then there are other tracks, which will not win, but are better :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, that’s the second reason why I don’t enter composing competitions.

if you exclude one genre from the compo

less people its going to be involved

think of it like this !!

you still need to make music …because thats your thing and you do it for fun !!!

why not do it with a theme and submit it to a compo :slight_smile:

Mental checklist:

1. Care only about self.
  2. Do dnb track.
  3. Profit.

Mental checklist:

1. Care only about self.
  2. Do dnb track.
  3. Profit.

Well maybe I wouldn’t tie yourself to quite such a strict checklist PB for the sake of this forum and compos :wink: For quick example from this thread → https://forum.renoise.com/t/trials-with-renoise/49346 Maybe you could go with a more emotional angle (even before you pay any attention to ‘sound design’) → https://soundcloud.com/4tey/buck_trial/s-DTQC2 Music is very subjective from person to person as it is art :slight_smile:

Well, now hasn’t my whimsical joke turned into a shameful moment.

You should be in the compo cuz you took my shite song and made it more interesting. Damned remixes.

okkkkk

lets say for instance

Renoise “X” compo begins

the theme for this round its (martin Scorsese movies) :badteeth:

rules (1st round)

• only renoise (no vst’s instruments or effects)

• you can use the samples that come with the default installation (or your voice)

• you cant resample !!!

• song needs to be at least 3 min to qualify

• whatever genre you like (except reggaeton, latin trap, salsa, merengue ) this are basically the genres i dont like

2 winners

best arrangment

best sound design

you have 2 votes …(only participants can vote)

2 months to work on the song

who is in :>)

i guess no one is in :frowning:

:mellow:

okkkkk

lets say for instance

Renoise “X” compo begins

the theme for this round its (martin Scorsese movies) :badteeth:

rules (1st round)

• only renoise (no vst’s instruments or effects)

• you can use the samples that come with the default installation (or your voice)

• you cant resample !!!

• song needs to be at least 3 min to qualify

• whatever genre you like (except reggaeton, latin trap, salsa, merengue ) this are basically the genres i dont like

2 winners

best arrangment

best sound design

you have 2 votes …(only participants can vote)

2 months to work on the song

who is in :>)

Thanks for moving this forward!

hmm, too open for me…

lets say

• use only provided samples e.g. lets say max 4 samples(provided by competition organiser)

• genre - only one genre - lets say something abstract enough - “houseplant disco” - yet binding to a certain idea, sound, bpm etc…

2 month I find too much to be - I usually make all at the deadline night anyway.

Lets say - 1 week then…

Call it “Ultimate Rapid Brutal Elimination Competition” or whatever - like in Chess they do fast competitions - against the clock.

That way we can get this rolling fast - and folks do not need to marinade the song for months…

just my thoughts…

you can set yourself your own limitations … :slight_smile: and participate with that in mind by your description its not hard to achieve

for the time period easy …

just post your song in 1 month :slight_smile:

people its contradictory by nature …a lot of them maybe like you set of rules and others can find them to restrictive

i personally only want to see music made with renoise so i can learn you guys tricks and shit jajaja

Well … then … mu ha ha ha haaa, let the battle begin!

:panic:

Well … then … mu ha ha ha haaa, let the battle begin!

:panic:

just something i need and dont think to much about it

a name for the nu compo

drop it below

i personally only want to see music made with renoise so i can learn you guys tricks and shit jajaja

Just quickly curious: did you learn anything from mine?

Only heresies. :smiley:

I think it would be nice to provide a sample pack with each round. I don’t wanna be limited to the stock samples because i have used those for several years already. It’s much better with something fresh, maybe unexpected and even specific for the round theme/rules.

Just quickly curious: did you learn anything from mine?

well im still getting my head around the vibrato command jjj

I was hoping there was a compo at the end of this post. :frowning: