A Little Out There But: Integrated Wavetable Synth

I know this seems crazy, but i think it could potentially be the coolest thing ever.

imagine being a able to crossfade through wavetables with effect commands.

if you could make your own wavetables it would be so freaking powerful. Something that would really set renoise apart from everything else out there.

and i reckon the more control over the envelopes and what not that was added as effect commands, the awesomer.

just a little day dream i had. I realize that it will prolly never come to fruition, and hell it’s a tall order so i can’t blame any one. I still love renoise anywayz…

points at NI massive and the VSTi automation metadevice

Almost any wavetable softsynth can be automated to move between waveforms with pattern effects… and adding a native synth to Renoise has been discussed and thrown out many times.

Maybe we’ll see a big ‘instrument editor’ overhaul in the future that’ll hint towards wavetable’esque synth capabilities? Controlling the envelopes through automation, midi-control and/or patterneffects would already improve the soundmangling possibilities. Shouldn’t be that hard to implement :slight_smile:

Yeah, adding a means to automate the loop start on a renoise instrument and you’re already there.

I’ve been requesting this for ages …I am just Too lazy to look for the topic

here it is
http://www.renoise.com/board/index.php?sho…c=16375&hl=
It’s about crossfading between waveforms ( thus lowering the volume and increasing the volume fot the appropriate waaveforms …while wavetable synthesis is real interpolation
bewteen waveforms …