I am trying to create a small studio in order to create music with Renoise so I did a small list with the things that I will probably need
– Audio Interface
– Midi Keyboard
– Renoise and VST Instruments
I am a Linux user and Renoise is working very well thats why I already bought it but I guess I may have some problems with the other hardware.
I am not a professional is just for hobby and I need it mostly to create background music for games I am trying to develop or compose music.
– Audio Interface –> Steinberg UR-44 orFocusrite Scarlett 6i6??? any of them will work fine with Linux?
– Midi Keyboard –> I already have an old midi keyboard MK-361C , is a bit dusty but is working fine, dont know if it will benefit me if I replace it or not. if it needs a replacement suggest me one
– Microphone –> I will record mostly voices/vocals/songs so suggest me one.
– Headset –> I will use it a lot I think because I think I will have to work at late hours when most people sleeping so it must be comfortable and with nice sound quality
– Speakers –> I was planning to get Logitech Z906 5.1
– Renoise and VST Instruments –> I have seen the forum post with the collection for VST instruments but I am a bit confused.
What I need is simple. I need a VST free or to buy that will work with Renoise and provide me with a lot of instruments to choose from and another VST which it will have a lot of loops/soundtracks/atmospheres etc.( Something like Hypersonic 2 would be great.)
My background is only 5 years playing piano and playing around with a lot of music composing software, did some remixes, DJ and so on but only for private use and friends. Also I think I have a good ear (at least thats what my piano teacher was saying) .
Anyway , I would appreciate any suggestions or anything that it will point me to the right choice of hardware and software
EDIT: I forgot to tell that I have stopped creating/composing/mixing music for years so I am trying to get things sorted out and get back to my music hobby so I am on the stage of searching what is the best non profesional hardware/software to use nowadays.