About paid plugins

Hi guys

there are some useful threads about where to download some really cool free Vst’s and samples

but im wonder which are your favorite paid vsts instruments and effects

im not asking if you actually own this plugins just which ones you like the most

i notice that Bazille its one the Renoise users like a lot :slight_smile:

i personally love Image Line’s HARMOR…but an additive synth like harmor needs several minutes of tweaking and messing with the line editor to get really cool sound mostly cause if you mess with it in a traditional way of programming …for instance a sustractive synth…its a bit difficult to get rid of the strong sense of a digital sound that it produces :(…i mean its a beast for modern bass sounds and neuro and such…actually all types of sounds but is time consuming to setup great stuff with it

anyway please …comment your favorite vsts here …and how good they integrate with renoise :slight_smile:

Korg M1.

Roland D-50.

Those are my two favorites. (Korg M1 works just fine, but I haven’t tried D-50 in Renoise)

Overtone DSP (all great)

Glitch 2

Discovery Pro (discoDSP)

Aspect (Loomer)

Monique (Monoplugs)

I use a lot of free plugins though.

looted: bazille, lush101, geist, redux. need: lounge lizard, microtonic, synthmaster, hive, harmor, helix, diversion, poly-kb, curve, aalto, diva, retrologue

sorry to interrupt, just had to say, HOLY SHIT THERE’S A D-50 PLUGIN!!!

edit: i should contribute something:

love the Korg digital plugs (M1 and Wavestation)
MPowersynth (just awesome and very deep)
Serum

WTB: UVI Falcon.

sorry to interrupt, just had to say, HOLY SHIT THERE’S A D-50 PLUGIN!!!

I know! Roland cloud is golden. They’ve said on their FB page that they pretty much plan to model “all” of their old synths as VSTi:s - including the JV series with expansions, JD-990 et c.

i 'm not sure if there’s any merit to what i’m gonna write here, but the thread got me itchy to share my thoughts…

as background, i’ve been doing productions since 1994 and have had the pleasure and honor to work sometimes with amazing gear…(ssls etc) i also have an audio engineering degree,

what i realized building my up to standards project studio, was the huge gap between daws and golden ear desks and modules of the past, so what i tried to do was spend my money a) on actual real room correction and monitoring, and cool.png on ITB summing solutions. after that was done to a succesful degree, i focussed on certain processors that reflected how i think of stuff… ie i invested in the filtrate eq cause it allows me to eq musically. what i’m trying to say here is that through my endless failures as an audio engineer, there came a few modules that i respect enough to buy but that was the product of effort and experience and mainly awareness of what your problems are, and how you might buy a tool that solves those problems. . so i am not sure to what extent suggesting something as a plugin name does anyone any good…

hope this make sense, cause it kind of tries to prepare you for loads of shit that are part and parcel with modern music production but it’s not readilly available marketing material…

Reaktor 6 …for almost everything , recently a guy ( salamanderanagram ) created fron cable patching , together with some unified blocks ( all audio rate ) …We’ve got our own bazille like instrument …

I definately want to buy uvi falcon , only thing holding me back is the e licenser .

Roland cloud plugins …pay per month …? .

A year ago you could just buy their plugins , now you can only rent them …

NOt interested

Reaktor 6 …for almost everything , recently a guy ( salamanderanagram ) created fron cable patching , together with some unified blocks ( all audio rate ) …We’ve got our own bazille like instrument …

I definately want to buy uvi falcon , only thing holding me back is the e licenser .

Roland cloud plugins …pay per month …? .NOt interested

man Reaktor its one of my favorite softwares evermade even if you dont dig for more cool stuff in the user library the very own factory selection its pure gold

Photone, Metaphisical Funktion, splitter. are some of my favorite

actually i still dont know why more people dont use Reaktor

By the Way after i started this post a company i approach like a month ago …reach me back offering me a free copy of its main product in exchange for 50 presets…im so excited about it cause i really like this plugin :slight_smile:

next week youre going to hear more about this project :slight_smile:

UVI falcon is for me a no go, because of the dongle. The Roland cloud thing, too. Give me the D50 as single one time payment, and I would buy it.

Regarding Roland Cloud, I was sceptical at first, but the subscription model is not an issue since you get one synth “for life, offline” after one year of subscription AFAIK.

Practically, it’s like they are delaying the ‘proper delivery’ of one desired synth for one year. But on the other hand, you get lots of awesome synths in the package as well. That’s a great deal to me.

hm ok.https://www.rolandcloud.com/read-more/yours-loyalty-program

So you can pick one single instrument after 12 months. So the D50 costs 240 EUR USD, which is way too high for me, since none of the other stuff does interest me. In comparison Korg M1 costs 50 USD, which is a fair price for a legacy tech emulation.

I’m all over these new Roland releases, can’t believe I didn’t hear of them till this thread.

As a former D-50 owner, the plugin captures it very well. I’m just doing te 30 day trial for now, so far everything works great, will make a purchasing decision after playing with them for a few weeks. I dislike the subscription model and find the lotalty program single license overpriced (it wasnt long ago you could pick up a real D-50 for about the same price, though these days theyre more expensive, like 500-700US) but, man, I love the old Roland synths and have fantasized about a proper D-50 emu for years. Worth it.

One thing to note about the M1 and other Korg plugs – they havent been updated since 2013 and are very likely abandoned, at least the VST version (they also ported it to mobile and appear to be still updating that version, which is based on the VST). It seems unlikely the VST will see any further updates, I actully emailed them a few years ago to inquire about future updates and received no response, they probably gave up due to widespread piracy, but at least it’s 64 bit and should remain stable for quite a while. I have noticed that it makes me reauthorize at random, which it didn’t used to do, but it’s a simple process so no big deal.

I know! Roland cloud is golden. They’ve said on their FB page that they pretty much plan to model “all” of their old synths as VSTi:s - including the JV series with expansions, JD-990 et c.

OMG!! JD and JP series, can’t wait! always wanted a JP-8000.

Anyway, back to OP topic: another very fun one from the Korg collection is the LegacyCell. Just a lot of fun to mess around with and can sound really fantastic, though I find it difficult to integrate it into a larger production.

Roland cloud is amazing. I am afraid to try roland cloud cause I know I’m going to love it. I just found out about it last week. I’m probably signing up for it soon. I’m really trying hard not too… another bill omfg

Edit… a few hours later.

OH NO!! I’m so screwed. I’m now playing with the roland cloud instruments, and they are so awesome

Regarding Roland Cloud, I was sceptical at first, but the subscription model is not an issue since you get one synth “for life, offline” after one year of subscription AFAIK.

Practically, it’s like they are delaying the ‘proper delivery’ of one desired synth for one year. But on the other hand, you get lots of awesome synths in the package as well. That’s a great deal to me.

So let me get this straight .

You rent the plugin for a year , and then ,after a year you can use it OFF-LINE ?

This has to be the most ridiculous thingI have ever heard …why the fuck should I be online to make music ?

That just doesn’t make any sense

I’m afraid this thread became a Roland Cloud discussion.

To my taste, yes, they seem to sound like the real things but… that is it. Comparing them to modern solutions I’ll chose the modern ones. I’ll go for the Roland ones in case I already have everything around, and just need this for collection, or maybe for the retro cinematic stuff, etc. Also I can’t resist mentioning the Audiorealism ABL3 and D16 Nepheton, both Roland clones, which in comparison are quite essential for me to have. D16 Lush-101 is also worth mentioning.

The overall design - what was definitely forgivable for a 30 year old synth now feels a bit too primitive to me.

The processor load is huge (bad optimization?).

The licensing scheme is a rather unusual, you need to be constantly online to use them, one synth is yours for life after a year, etc. Although it is intentionally the last one in my complains list.

ADDED: another big NO thing for me is the knob/mouse behavior - circular movement instead of usual up-down.

My guess is that all this emulations are more intended to be used and really shine in combination with Roland’s System 1/8 hardware synths.

To steer away from Roland Cloud for a bit, some of my favourite sleeper hit synths are:

Arcsyn

Phonec 2

Mpowersynth

Fathom

All of which are pretty unique and well worth the money.

If you mean Roland cloud’s plugout VSTs (also can run on their hardware), yes the performance is ridiculously poor. Once I had a deeper look into its structure, and it seems to be some kind of hardware emulator running in those VSTs (emulating their hardware system), hence it has a huuuuge overhead even while playing one voice only. The real logic seems to be stored into some scripting. Scripting never is as fast as compiled C++ machine code, of course. These series are totally useless to me, because of this reason.

To my taste, yes, they seem to sound like the real things but… that is it. Comparing them to modern solutions I’ll chose the modern ones. I’ll go for the Roland ones in case I already have everything around, and just need this for collection, or maybe for the retro cinematic stuff, etc. Also I can’t resist mentioning the Audiorealism ABL3 and D16 Nepheton, both Roland clones, which in comparison are quite essential for me to have. D16 Lush-101 is also worth mentioning.

The overall design - what was definitely forgivable for a 30 year old synth now feels a bit too primitive to me.

The licensing scheme is a rather unusual, you need to be constantly online to use them, one synth is yours for life after a year, etc. Although it is intentionally the last one in my complains list.

yeah i was kinda hoping people comment a bit more why they like this plugins

in the case of a synth which type of synthesis it employs …modulation capabilties …etc

i like analog emulations i use Image Lines’s Sawer it has some very nice filters and a killer saw wave :slight_smile: