Access To Pattern Sequencer Loop Box

I’ve just started looking at the scripting so forgive me if this is covered somewhere. My goal is to trigger the next pattern in the pattern sequencer. So if pattern sequence n is playing in loop mode, I’d like to set the pattern sequencer n+1 to loop mode so at the end of pattern n, n+1 starts and begins to loop. This effectively would implement “Launch Next Scene” function similar to another DAW that will remain nameless. ;)

I’ve looked at renoise.song().sequencer but don’t see any properties or functions that allow me to get the currently looping pattern or set the loop button on.

Is there is a way to do this? Thanks for any help.

I asked this some time ago and here is an answer from vV: Midi Map To Trigger Next Pattern

Oh, that’s perfect. Thank you. Thank you. I’m determined to move my live Ableton Live set to Renoise.

cool :)
Maybe if you come up with something cool you can share it here. At least I’d be interested in knowing any progress in this direction

Ok, got it working. The code from that other thread wasn’t quite right. It jumped to the next sequence immediately instead of waiting for the current one to finish. Here is the code from my two buttons “PREV” and “NEXT”:

vb:button {   
 text = "PREV",  
 tooltip = "Hit this button to move to the previous scene.",  
 notifier = function()  
 local position = renoise.song().transport.playback_pos  
 local my_text_view = vb.views.my_text  
 position.line = 1  
 position.sequence = position.sequence - 1  

-- loop the prev sequence  
 renoise.song().transport.loop_sequence_range = { position.sequence, position.sequence }  

-- schedule it  
 renoise.song().transport:add_scheduled_sequence(position.sequence)  
 my_text_view.text = "SEQ# " .. position.sequence  
 end  
 },  

vb:button {  
 text = "NEXT",  
 tooltip = "Hit this button to move to the next scen.",  
 notifier = function()  
 local position = renoise.song().transport.playback_pos  
 local my_text_view = vb.views.my_text   
 position.line = 1  
 position.sequence = position.sequence + 1  
 renoise.song().transport.loop_sequence_range = { position.sequence, position.sequence }  
 renoise.song().transport:add_scheduled_sequence(position.sequence)  
 my_text_view.text = "SEQ# " .. position.sequence  
 end  
 }  

I’ll pull that redundant stuff out to a new function, but this does work and it’s a start, so I wanted to share. I’ll map those buttons with MIDI and I’m almost there.

interesting, and then you had a second thread where you wanted to know how to use the api to save a song. what’s next?