Add autoseek to Sample Slicer

grumpf. I will give a look at it again then, sorry

thats weird,i just tried what you described and it works fine here,get 8 slices,im on win xp

I’d better change the whole way the sample creation loop works: currently, it produces samples until the number of frames of the created samples is less than the number of frames of the original samples, but this is prone to rounding errors: it may even be that it actually works on XP while it doesn’t on Seven (haven’t tried it yet).

I should probably change it so that it precalculates the number of slices to create and then create them

I just tested it on my XP machine: same “problem” there…

Will eventually have to figger this Lua thing out myself for personal hackage, but I wouldn’t mind seeing the ability to set a ‘fading offset in ms’ for the beginning and or end portions of slices. This to remove clicks. Great tool as it is now though :)

Sorry to bother you again (esp. because this might not be exactly the right thread for this) IT-Alien,

but i tried, just for fun, to slice the Apache yesterday (4, 8, 16 slices). And guess what, it worked correctly!
Also when i sliced Amen to only 4 slices, everything was fine. But 16 slices produced again 17 samples… :unsure:
I think you’re on the right track, that smells like some sort of rounding error.
Btw, i used those loops “out of the box” (the ones that come with Renoise), so i didn’t use any “exotic samples”.

Might be a missing math.floor() option that might do the trick perhaps?

I don’t think so. as I said above, the whole way how it is coinceinved the slices creation loop should be revised. I will try to work at it this evening

sounds good It

I have uploaded version 1.12 which is now based on a for loop. the last slice could be slight smaller or larger for a bunch of bytes in order to round up the same number of bytes of the source sample.

tested up to 64 slices :)

tool page

posted a error on the tools page,it happens when i choose seconds,also happens in the new version

whoop, it was a typo. fixed (the version is still 1.12)

thanks

awesome, works perfect! thanks a lot!