Add Groove To Selection

Maybe stupid idea but
becouse groove cant be automated , and if you want jus some parts or only some tracks from song be groovy
select some notes and make ADD GROOVE TO SELECTION and all notes get calculated new delays (depends on note row)
and new notes become groovy

sory bad english

Interesting thoughts…But where do you get your groove source values from? Its more obvious IMO when you program your groove by entering a couple of delay values and combine the delay mask with the continuous paste action. Do we really need a shortcut for this?

If you know the type of groove you like, you can use the Nudge feature in the Advanced edit for one part of your track (by selection) and then apply Knetter’s suggestion (continues paste).

yes
but if muzik is not “loop based” if all tracks in all patterns unique

So you want to make a non-looped-based groove … (?) I guess its still possible with the above mentioned solution: take a copy of your delays and use the mask to paste it in a non-continuous way in each unique pattern. Or is the groove so unique that you have to enter all different delay values anyway?

in my case its imitation of live druming jazz funk
so its dificult to make some parts more groovy by hand

loop based i mean repetative

I guess most of this could be solved by having a bpm or lpb automation curve in the master track or being able to delay lines via an effect command in the master track.

But it can take tempo synced plugins out of sync.

and this effects all tracks in patern

That is a really good idea. I think I tried this earlier, but in the end it was actually faster to type all the Groove valus manually, than to use the Mouse to copy / paste (ofcourse one can perhaps do this also by using key commands?).

…perhaps that can also be my personal approach, which needs adjusting…

…interesting idea though, got to check this out again… Thanks!

…actually, the reason why a slider - like in cubase - would come in handy, is that some grooves go far over the 16th notes own parameters, stepping in to the next 16th note (like a groove of 75% etc.)

Also another great idea would (maybe) be, to have hitpoints, for sample start position, ie. for claps that “start” before that claps peak hits in… Hitpoint would determine the point of sample being played back, at the time of the note played, but it would also start the sample earlier, and play that “ooooomph” before the hitpoints placement in the sample…

:w00t:

Ohh… delay column for master track, affecting ALL tracks… -> I’m beginning to really need this…

[quote="#<0x0000562850515530>, post:11, topic:25352"]

Also another great idea would (maybe) be, to have hitpoints, for sample start position, ie. for claps that “start” before that claps peak hits in… Hitpoint would determine the point of sample being played back, at the time of the note played, but it would also start the sample earlier, and play that “ooooomph” before the hitpoints placement in the sample…

:w00t:
[/quote]

YES! Has been suggested before, can’t be repeated often enough IMHO… I’ve wanted this since Fast-Fucking-Tracker II! :unsure:</0x0000562850515530>