Add "Show sample properties" below instrument box

An instrument is composed of multiple samples.

Well, to be fair it often is but not always. Many ppl are doing it the oldschool way, tracking with a single sample per instrument.

But I just press Alt+D to “break out” the instrument (it even works as a toggle). Problem solved?

Well, to be fair it often is but not always. Many ppl are doing it the oldschool way, tracking with a single sample per instrument. ).

Of Course. It is intrinsic or implied.Renoise includes both cases:

1. A Instrument, a sample (what you call “old school”)
  2. A Instrument, multiple samples (the true potential of Renoiseand should be used)

This idea seems to ignore the second case (multiple samples).

Do not let the little things.Perhaps the missing word I say is that the idea is " redundant". If added, which I doubt, unless is suitable and coherent.

…And always think of two scenarios:

1. A monitor
  2. Two monitors

Again, this idea seems to ignore the second case (two monitors).

But I just press Alt+D to “break out” the instrument (it even works as a toggle). Problem solved?

Pressing ALT+D (Detach Instrument Editor), should disappear the Properties Panel of each Sample under the Instrument Box, because appears in the Sampler.So yes that would be solved.

Press “Sampler Tab”,and it has the “Properties for each Sample” in sight.

Also, before repeating things that are already included natively, it would be better to improve other missing: improve Automation, improve Keyzones, and improve the Pattern Editor for intelligent live recording or automatic order notes, for higher performance (more native tools). Stuff like that…

Pressing ALT+D (Detach Instrument Editor), should disappear the Properties Panel of each Sample under the Instrument Box, because appears in the Sampler.So yes that would be solved.

In this case it’s absolutely OK to point out, because I think lots of people on a single monitor are not aware of this shortcut.

Also, no matter if you’re running a single or multiple monitor setup, duplicating things in a user interface should always be the last resort (we are on the same page here). That said, I do like the instrument properties panel - I remember it was brought in quite late in the 3.0 beta, but it definitely serves it’s purpose,

It would just be a thought to do this so we can easily toggle beatsync / autoseek without the BIG instrument editor detached/attached messing the view over our pattern editor…

That’s all :slight_smile:

edit: talking 'bout duplicating things: the same colors do the same thing don’t they?:

Untitled_1_copy.jpg

:wink:

…

edit: talking 'bout duplicating things: the same colors do the same thing don’t they?:
…

Yes, to me what do not like is the space, because it is redundant and duplicate.

Have a look at this:

6295 sample-properties.png

Left and right shows the same thing, repeated.

The same applies to the Properties of Instruments with Plugin Tab, is something redundant (but they are direct access to Macros and Phrases, is magnificent).

I do not like it is redundant.I preferred to leave space for future native panels with other functions.The problem is that these panels into 2 separate monitors, are useless, because out repeated (and InstrumentProperties also)…

We must seize every square millimeter.

Maybe a panel outlined more compact works well. And a button or two tabs to change the panel Instrument Properties and Sample Properties,to occupy the same space (two panels in a same surface permutable, in the right column).

“Avoid Redundancy!” A new title for a new song! :lol:

edit: talking 'bout duplicating things: the same colors do the same thing don’t they?

Yes, they replicate functionality, so not an optimal solution. I’d argue that it’s slightly better because they are configurable (choose which properties to display) and correlate directly to the item they are situated next to (instruments can have not only samples, but MIDI and plugin stuff as well).

Still, I’m not hating on your idea. On the contrary, it would be great to find a good solution.

two tabs to change the panel Instrument Properties and Sample Properties,to occupy the same space

Tabs - that’s an interesting idea. Although UI-wise, it would be a bit of a challenge - the instr. properties are configurable, so that panel can have a variable size.

But I could see this working if switching the active properties tabactually resized the part underneath it (the disk browser). Otherwise the tabs themselves would be “dancing” up and down.

…

Tabs - that’s an interesting idea. Although UI-wise, it would be a bit of a challenge - the instr. properties are configurable, so that panel can have a variable size.

But I could see this working if switching the active properties tabactually resized the part underneath it (the disk browser). Otherwise the tabs themselves would be “dancing” up and down.

Well, on second thought, use 2 tabs would be the best option.No matter if the lower panels move in verticalto switch tabs.It’s necessarycreate icons instead of words in the Sample Properties panel,to make the panel is more compact, exactly like the Instrument Properties panel… So, add small shortcuts.Incidentally, you can add pull-down menus “Mod” and “FX” also, to select the sets and chains…This would be most complete yet…

Well, to be fair it often is but not always. Many ppl are doing it the oldschool way, tracking with a single sample per instrument.

Nice, thanks for the tip

Yes, they replicate functionality, so not an optimal solution. I’d argue that it’s slightly better because they are configurable (choose which properties to display) and correlate directly to the item they are situated next to (instruments can have not only samples, but MIDI and plugin stuff as well).
Still, I’m not hating on your idea. On the contrary, it would be great to find a good solution.

So I’ve experimented with the tab idea… warning: screenshots galore :slight_smile:

We currently have a properties panel which streeeeetches…
rns31-instr-props-MKIV-instr-before.png?

Doesn’t look very good. So I’d suggest adding labels to make it a little better organized:

rns31-instr-props-MKIV-instr-after.png?r

They would disappear once you resize the panel below a certain threshold

rns31-instr-props-MKIV-instr-after-compa

The same idea applies to the sample tab. Here is a compact version
(note also the “options” menu which is floating in the top left corner - same principle as the instr. properties)

rns31-instr-props-MKIV-samples-compact.p

When you expand the panel, it doesn’t add labels but turn the sample popup into a list:

rns31-instr-props-MKIV-samples-expanded.

Damn. I love this software,this community and the developers. I just knew 5 years ago I wouldn’t regret buying this product.

So I’ve experimented with the tab idea… warning: screenshots galore :slight_smile:
(…)

Love it! If the sample list can be made visible (for instance in yet another tab) even without enlarging the panel, we basically have the old pre 2.8 situation back, where everything can be seen in one place. That would be wonderful!

Love it! If the sample list can be made visible (for instance in yet another tab) even without enlarging the panel, we basically have the old pre 2.8 situation back, where everything can be seen in one place. That would be wonderful!

yes all my request in the past will be fulfilled:

Sample/Plugin/Midi-window: Best of both worlds :slight_smile:
Just a little crazy idea for the layout: Sampler above pattern editor

It would be awesome :slight_smile:

…

…

That’s it!Excellent job!In this way it could work.So, if you do not use, with a single button to close the unique panel (two tabs panel). Yes, Mod and FX also!!!

Damn. I love this software,this community and the developers. I just knew 5 years ago I wouldn’t regret buying this product.

At least the ideas they mature. ^_^Just need to be put into reality.

To see if people more support the great efforts: support comment #14. Danoise has done a great job! :o

Any possibility this will be implemented into the final release? :slight_smile:

Any possibility this will be implemented into the final release? :slight_smile:

At this late stage, I don’t think so.

Can’t say anything definitive though, so consider this a slightly useless post :huh:

Can this be done in a tool?

:w00t:

310.gif

Roppenzo,what happens is not strange. :ph34r: