Allow one to select a midi out bank from instrument properties..

To me it’s strange the way it’s currently set up. Right now it’s in a panel that has nothing to do with instruments, in tabs at the top of the screen. It’s really not intuitive at all. For a while I was questioning whether you disabled midi out instrument banks in V3. When I try to use the FAQ/Tutorial, it actually doesn’t tell me how to do this. Your MIDI sections in the tutorials are limited–it talks plenty about midi in, but not much about midi out. I found it at last minute visually before I was going to give up for the night. I thought, “Ok, well, maybe there’s another midi panel I don’t know about or something”.

It would seem much more intuitive for the user to be able to select a midi out bank from the instrument menu, like one can all the other types of instrument properties.

Thanks.

Right now it’s in a panel that has nothing to do with instruments, in tabs at the top of the screen. It’s really not intuitive at all.

Perhaps it’s not as obvious at it could be, but the Sampler, Plugin and MIDI tabs are all grouped together because they all relate to the instrument.

Your MIDI sections in the tutorials are limited–it talks plenty about midi in, but not much about midi out.

I’m not sure which tutorial you’re referring to, but if you check our MIDI page in the user manual, you can find a run down of the various properties. There’s actually more info relating to output properties than input properties. :slight_smile:

It would seem much more intuitive for the user to be able to select a midi out bank from the instrument menu, like one can all the other types of instrument properties.

If you look below the instrument selector, you can expand the Instrument Properties panel and then configure exactly what you want to appear there. You can enable common MIDI output properties there, if you need quick access to them at all times.

Perhaps it’s not as obvious at it could be, but the Sampler, Plugin and MIDI tabs are all grouped together because they all relate to the instrument.

I’m not sure which tutorial you’re referring to, but if you check our MIDI page in the user manual, you can find a run down of the various properties. There’s actually more info relating to output properties than input properties. :slight_smile:

If you look below the instrument selector, you can expand the Instrument Properties panel and then configure exactly what you want to appear there. You can enable common MIDI output properties there, if you need quick access to them at all times.

The manual doesn’t show the instrument numbers on the right, it doesn’t even show the instrument properties panel at all. It doesn’t describe how to make that select an instrument and how it applies to the instrument properties panel. Nothing shows both screens at the same time to give a visual clue, and again, it doesn’t seem to explain how it even relates to applying those settings to a particular instrument.

And I do expand the instrument properties. Where in the world is the midi part of it? I can’t find midi referenced anywhere in that at all.

Thanks.

The manual doesn’t show the instrument numbers on the right, it doesn’t even show the instrument properties panel at all. It doesn’t describe how to make that select an instrument and how it applies to the instrument properties panel. Nothing shows both screens at the same time to give a visual clue, and again, it doesn’t seem to explain how it even relates to applying those settings to a particular instrument.

And I do expand the instrument properties. Where in the world is the midi part of it? I can’t find midi referenced anywhere in that at all.

Thanks.

Ok, the option is hidden in a gear icon. Sheesh, this version is reminding me of trying to learn Blender. EDIT: My comment was uncalled for. Sorry.