Amazing voice/singing synthesis tech

i think i heard the guy they modelled the voice on last night…though he was singing in english. i don’t what nationality he was, or even who he is, he just sounded VERY VERY similar. :]

you know, like when you hear ted koppel for the first time and say OH LORD CHRIST HOW CAN YOU NOT BE STEPHEN HAWKING

…hmmmmmm…
I know what I would like to have them doing better than singing my tunes… <_< :P :lol:

do cher / madonna use this? because I thought it was one of them singing for a second :)

No. I know what you mean… but that has nothing to do with that certain effect you’re talking about.
Here we have a voice that’s generated by a “Software Synth” while that certain effect is obtained sending the vocal track to some “Auto-tuner” set to a very strong pitch-adjust and low portamento from one note to the other…
:)

Yes - i’m guessing the effects they used were produced using some sort of vocoder.

I didn’t actually think they used this software - i just said it for amusement value, being as they seem to like that kind of sound :)

here it is a new sample of Vocaloid capabilities.

The first part is the same old japanese guy, then something new comes…

news <== about the first Vocaloid singer about to be released.

VirSyn has announced his human voice synth called Cantor.

Estimated release date: May 2004.

…and no sample used!!

vocaloid doesn’t use samples too :D

i don’t know which samples you heard, but in my opinion the “little bird” is quite impressive.

http://www.zero-g.co.uk/media/mp3/LOLA_Dem…Little_Bird.mp3

just remember that the leadsinger in this song is a real human ;)

Vocaloid does use samples.

It’s design is based on so called “vocal fonts”.

Like in a multilayered sample CD for violins, for example, they payed a professional singer to sing all phonemes with various expressions and different nuances, and they use that base to construct melodies and lyrics.