Analog mode in the sampler

what would be cool would be to add an analog mode

the analog with triger each voice with a different start sample like 0,1 % for one voice 0,2 for another

it would also add a random 0,1 % modulator in the pitch

this way you can achieve a analog synth sound with the renoise sampler

i would use this a lot.

although a more open ended ‘sample start point’ which can be modulated any number of ways would open up even more possibilities.

what do you think of this

I agree with muckleby, this would possible with the oft requested sample start point modulation feature.

You can accomplish something similar by using round-robin samples.

You can accomplish something similar by using round-robin samples.

Yes but that blows up your instrument size. And with instruments being part of every song they are used in, this just isn’t preferable.

Yes but it accomplishes the OP’s goal today

thanks pat

Just use Stepper device with random step selection…

Both my Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler and my buddy’s Roland JV-1080 actually have a setting like this.

Can’t you achieve the pitch modulation by having the LFO set to noise with a low amplitude? The same thing would work if you had the ability to modulate the sample start, which is definitely something I’d like to see implemented along with loop start, end, and length modulation (and better crossfade looping).

Actually, I’m retarded, that’d effect more than just the starting pitch. It would work for sample start, though.

you can set the random LFO speed so low it doesnt really move from its initial value, but as mentioned the stepper does that too now.

btw Mr Sensi are you the Mr Sensi in the Green Bay Wax family? Got quite a few banging colabs of yours in my collection if so!

you can set the random LFO speed so low it doesnt really move from its initial value, but as mentioned the stepper does that too now.

btw Mr Sensi are you the Mr Sensi in the Green Bay Wax family? Got quite a few banging colabs of yours in my collection if so!

Yes, I am. Glad you like the tunes, man! Dwarde and I use Renoise. We haven’t successfully converted the rest of the crew, but we’ll break them at some point, except Kid Luddite Lib. He’s too enamored with his coal powered hardware.

haha! i’m not averse to working with dinosaurs either but ataris or whatever are a step too far. renoise and a trusty akai is a great combo.

still im staying in the box more often these days, cant beat pure tracking for speed.

might have to shout you about a possible colab or remix in the future, im doing stuff as Sully that might be your bag

https://soundcloud.com/sully-e64/sam-binga-ft-warrior-queen-wasted-days-sully-remix

ps sorry for the thread derailment!

Ahhh, didn’t realize you were Sully. I’m well aware of you, dope tunes. Hit me up on Skype @ mrmrsensi if you want to collab on something or a want me to (unsuccessfully) remix something.

I’d love to be out of the box, but that would require tens of thousands of dollars because I’m a whore that needs many analog synths, amongst other things, so I just settle for making fun of hardware users instead.

ah niceone! i’m grafting at an album at the mo but should definitely get on a colab when i have that licked. if you’re up for a remix in the meantime i’ll give you a shout on skype. a new mr sensi special in the collection wouldn’t hurt at all!

haha i hear you on the gear whoring. its a very slippery slope, you’ve got to be a little bit nuts (or a lot rich!) to go that route.