Analog synthesizer to use with Renoise?

The new Roland (JD-Xi) looks very interesting. And it even comes with added digital synth engines :slight_smile:

That synth is first on my impulse buy list, that demo on their website is really convincing me. And it certainly looks more useful/usable on stage compared to the mini-nova and the micro-korg.

^ Wow, I am pleasantly surprised to see itā€™s only $500.

I use old 80ā€™s 90ā€™s synths. All midiā€™d up and record into renoise. Good stuff.

I would go for Eurorack. Itā€™s like a build-your-own synthesizer toolkit, with over a thousand modules in the format available now.

A fantastic place to learn as much as you could ever want to know about Eurorack and modular synths in general is the Muff Wiggler Forum.

Another vote for Korg Volca Keys from me. As far as entry level synths go, this one is really useful. Itā€™s so cheap, fun to play with and inspiring, that some of my musician friends have bought it even if they donā€™t make electronic music. Itā€™s MIDI implementation is quite robust, and makes it seamless to incorporate into a Renoise setup, as I have found. Itā€™s cool that you can power it from batteries - I now frequently take it with me when travelling. Coupled with my Pandora Mini for effects, itā€™s really a cool instrument to just mess around with, looking for ideas.

Iā€™m going to put my unvote down for the volca series. Those filters just sound like ass. As much as people say ā€œgo real analogueā€ etc, sureā€¦ When you spend a ton on a Moog or a Prophet, yeah, theyā€™ll sound amazing but the volca series just sound like a toilet to my ears.

Iā€™ll sit back happily using my VSTs. I ditched hardware over a decade ago and donā€™t regret that decision at all, but I didnā€™t exactly have major league stuff.

Check Waldorf Pulse 2. Looking to get one at some point.

If I were in the market for an inexpensive analog synth right now Iā€™d take a very close look at the new Moog Mother-32. Looks pretty damn good from reviews and the price is killer

Minilogue: http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/minilogue/

I currently vote for korg poly 800 (think only filters analog)

Whelp now Iā€™m stuck on either investing long term on a DSI prophet 12, or going short term and getting either a Korg Minilogue/Roland JD-Xi/Novation mini-nova. Decisions, decisions peeps.

This looks very promising!

Yeah korg are releasing some great synths lately, i entered a competition for an arp odyssey but didnā€™t win :frowning:

Promising indeed emre_k!

The Minilogue does sound sexy. ā‚¬599 at Thomann, which makes it fairly affordable, too. Well, relatively. Donā€™t know about the 37 mini keys, though. Or slim keys, or whatever they call the not-full-size keys. :stuck_out_tongue: On the other hand, I like how portable and compact it looks. Is the top brushed aluminum or plastic?

Awaiting the arrival of the minilogue at shops here. Should be soon. Would really like to test it out. For the price Indeed.

I did recently have a play with some synths a few weekends ago and I really liked the Nord lead 4. it may be a while of saving up, though iā€™d really like to add a synth to my setup.

looking to get the vermona mono lancet i think http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct10/articles/vermona-mono-lancet.htm

simple monphonic with 2 osc but big sound and nice filters! ideal for noodling into the sampler and then messing about within renoise

I recently got myself an elektron analog four as my first piece of otb gear.

The sequencer and the plocks are great stuff, you can also automate a whole lot of things via midi.

Even though I probably didnā€™t go very deep with this setup as of yet, Iā€™m stoked.

It could be that coming from renoise makes it easier to come to grips with the elektron way of how things work.

Would buy again.

Personally i have a tynisizer(little modular synth) and an arturia minibrute they sound good After a synth do wathever you want(dƩpends on his limit)