Any news for future versions?

Studio One is very solid, and it’s gui runs smooth 60fps on Retina, if you can work with a traditional daw. It is Cubase in modern and streamlined. There is no meta devices stuff, though. Bitwig is good, too, only the GUI (and CPU load) is pretty slow/heavy, but the last update seems to address this at least a bit. Both of these are updated constantly, and if there are such bugs like we have in Renoise for years now, there will be an update very soon. These guys care for bugfixing. Studio One even lets the community vote for next features, I like that.

I own Studio One Professional, and upgraded it to version 4.1 recently. It is definitely one of the best traditional DAWs out there, together with Ableton Live and Cubase 10 (which I both own as well, along with Reason, Reaper, Renoise, Mixbus, Ardour, Samplitude Music Studio, Tracktion, GarageBand…). After creating a bigger project with it, I really like the workflow of it, but I encountered some bugs with multi instruments and exporting to audio as well. These bugs turned the simple act of changing the BPM of the song into a multi-hour affair of researching workarounds and having multiple failed attempts with broken sound. That was really frustrating and after years of being unhappy with any DAW out there, the last drop to make me decide going the hardware route.

And no, I’m not into ProTools, Bitwig, Digital Performer, Logic or FL Studio. I’ve tried them all. It’s always something about the UI workflow, feature implementation, bad performance or bugs.

Since I want to work pretty much with samples only, Digitakt seems perfect. Thank you for the suggestion though. :slight_smile:

The end of the year is approaching and there seems to be no fresh news here. It is a very sad one!!!

For those people who are bored and want to try new things, try the Piano Roll Editor tool demo, available in the tools forum. I’m so sorry for the pop-up window! If you want a license, contact me with a private message.

Just to say that I wish you all a happy new year, that there is nothing left. And encourage everyone! Taktik will have to return someday. We just have to trust his word and be very patient.I am also very frustrated by so much unjustified silence.

Taktik, where have you got yourself?

Congratulate yourself for staying in these forums :drummer: :drummer: :drummer:

It’s been over 3 years since the latest release. Other than a few exceptions, there has been radio silence ever since. Nothing suggests that development is going on - if anything, that the steam is gone.

It’s amusing that people still keep up hope and try to push some kind of “let’s go!” narrative :huh: Maybe you’re just doing it for the lols. I don’t know.

It’s been over 3 years since the latest release. Other than a few exceptions, there has been radio silence ever since. Nothing suggests that development is going on - if anything, that the steam is gone.

It’s amusing that people still keep up hope and try to push some kind of “let’s go!” narrative :huh: Maybe you’re just doing it for the lols. I don’t know.

It is very frustrating. True? :lol:

Come on Joule! Do you think that after Sononym 1.0.4 (the fourth version already), this man will not return to Renoise? Of course, YES! What do you want, that this man make another program different again?And leave Renoise dead for 5 years?Seriously? That can not be!We must trust the word of these gentlemen.

Of course, will launch again 6 more packages for Linux, Mac and Windows, 32 and 64bits, with all that of compatibility for high resolutions and on all the sound cards of the last years without any strange error,bug fixes and more improvements, deflating Renoise improving the code and all that. So Renoise will work much better on the most recent versions of operating systems. And we are all going to applaud. Of course, yes.It will come back with very charged batteries.

Well, my mood is for the new year, in general. If it depended on the development of a new version of Renoise, it seems that the word “mood” is out of place.

Well. Our feelings that “Renoise has so much potential” or “things need to be fixed” do NOT correlate with any kind of obligation or interest that the dev team might have for developing the product further. That’s a psychological bias that is easy to have until you realize that our emotions and desires are very separate from what is actually happening in the world outside ourselves. Or more to the point: wishful thinking is irrelevant. :slight_smile:

Judging from what has happened so far, we objectively have very little reason to expect anything at all. It’s also easy to imagine that the motivation has, and will not be, sufficiently resparked once it was lost.

But sure… let’s keep hoping, in all modesty :ph34r:

I bought Renoise in the beginning of 2018 and switched to Reaper later (mainly because it was not clear to me if it is still in development). I checked Tracktion/Waveform, Bitwig and Ardour. None of these DAWs is effective like Renoise for my needs and Renoise makes a lot of fun too. I was trying to use Redux with Reaper, but there’s a bug (https://forum.renoise.com/t/linux-computer-keyboard-does-not-work-in-ardour/44280) and it’s not usable. Maybe Renoise will become open source in the future… who knows. If it is a question of money I would pay more for it. Anyway … a statement from the dev(s) after 2 years is not not too much to ask for imho.

I’m optimistic too:

We’re not intending to close down the Renoise project, but indeed the next big release is not around the corner. As mentioned before, we actually always have been working on/off Renoise, but this time people seem to be more disappointed about the slow release cycles than before. I can’t say why, but I think It’s not “just” the lack of information.

That statement is from two years ago, but let’s keep hoping :slight_smile:

Yes, but Sononym came out just this year and now he deserves a break … :walkman:

Renoise 3.5 will have these updates:
01- Samples can be stretched\reversed\edited inside the matrix\pattern viewer [vertically, for sure].
02- Vertical graphical automation control inside the matrix\pattern viewer [intigrated show-hide option]
03- Freeze track function will be finally available + ability to edit the freezed WAV file in sample editor
04- The 1st Renoise built-in synth : Rephase [3 osc + sub + fm + wavetable + analog\digital filter + spectral filter… etc]
05- Focus mode in Matrix [detailed editing of one cell + auto solo= this function will mute the rest of cells while editing the selected one]
06- Export selected multipatterns\cells to WAV [export pattern to sliced sample function]
07- The 1st Renoise built-in drummachine : Requake [kick - snare - clap - hat designers + sequence with pattern selector]
08- Receive midi from another instrument inside\outside Renoise[example : channel one 1-synth vst > plays and at the same time sends notes to another instrument].
09- Extract groove from rhythm function.
10- Pro and Pro complex warping protocols for samples.

11- Multi project editing [an ability to copy\past\move patterns or instruments and samples from one project to another in one session].
12- Save pattern settings as a template or quick recall variant [channel settings + fx + volume …etc].

13- Phrase <> pattern swap mode.

14- Autoseek playback for midi notes + instrumental channels
15- Quick recall templated patterns [for example : an 4/4 kick drum pattern can be recalled in one click with its samples and settings]
16- Individual pattern length function
17- Individual groove settings

Reason-35.jpg

Or i can just dream …@_@

hmm, These are not bad ideas man. wow.

+Timestretching
+Additional meters like K-meters

I’ve alway thought : does Renoise cheaper than it should be?

The question is not a provocation, the project rentability could be a big obstacle. When I’m thinking about the cost of a computer, even a basic 44 key midi keyboard is more expensive than Renoise.

All the big VSTi (from Native Intrument, Spectrasonic…) used in most electronic production are really more expansive too.

Renoise can pilot them all, but it is the cheaper part of the studio.

Of course I’m happy not to pay a lot for my DAW, but I feel a bit uncomfortable. I’m questionning is it sustainable for a long time?

I’ve alway thought : does Renoise cheaper than it should be?

The question is not a provocation, the project rentability could be a big obstacle. When I’m thinking about the cost of a computer, even a basic 44 key midi keyboard is more expensive than Renoise.

All the big VSTi (from Native Intrument, Spectrasonic…) used in most electronic production are really more expansive too.

Renoise can pilot them all, but it is the cheaper part of the studio.

Of course I’m happy not to pay a lot for my DAW, but I feel a bit uncomfortable. I’m questionning is it sustainable for a long time?

Yes, it’s too cheap. It even has a ridiculous price.At least it should be worth € 100, a round and symbolic price.But it seems that this low price is like an excuse to continue developing the project when the developer wants, not when the customers ask for it. "Hey, the software is very cheap, you have no right to claim anything!"If you do not like it, look for another DAW with piano roll. This is a tracker and this software moves in a niche market.And all that pile of words that are used to justify the null development, apparently temporary.

However, this software is already obsolete. the hardware goes much faster and this software does not take advantage, especially talking about large monitors of great resolutions and great power of the most modern graphics cards, not to mention the bugs existing in the different operating systems and the lack of optimization, in addition to the null maintenance of the software currently . Only these forums are maintained, which is a miracle in itself. Someone once said that Renoise “is old and inflated code software”.

I’ve seen a lot of simple VSTs more expensive than Renoise. The market is crazy… The sale of “a copy” at the price of gold, you know. There is a lot of supra-valued and undervalued software.

Renoise 3.5 will have these updates:
01- Samples can be stretched\reversed\edited inside the matrix\pattern viewer [vertically, for sure].
02- Vertical graphical automation control inside the matrix\pattern viewer [intigrated show-hide option]
03- Freeze track function will be finally available + ability to edit the freezed WAV file in sample editor
04- The 1st Renoise built-in synth : Rephase [3 osc + sub + fm + wavetable + analog\digital filter + spectral filter… etc]
05- Focus mode in Matrix [detailed editing of one cell + auto solo= this function will mute the rest of cells while editing the selected one]
06- Export selected multipatterns\cells to WAV [export pattern to sliced sample function]
07- The 1st Renoise built-in drummachine : Requake [kick - snare - clap - hat designers + sequence with pattern selector]
08- Receive midi from another instrument inside\outside Renoise[example : channel one 1-synth vst > plays and at the same time sends notes to another instrument].
09- Extract groove from rhythm function.
10- Pro and Pro complex warping protocols for samples.
11- Multi project editing [an ability to copy\past\move patterns or instruments and samples from one project to another in one session].
12- Save pattern settings as a template or quick recall variant [channel settings + fx + volume …etc].
13- Phrase <> pattern swap mode.
14- Autoseek playback for midi notes + instrumental channels
15- Quick recall templated patterns [for example : an 4/4 kick drum pattern can be recalled in one click with its samples and settings]
16- Individual pattern length function
17- Individual groove settings

Reason-35.jpg

Or i can just dream …@_@

Yes, quite good ideas. Only for automation, there could be an extra track (smaller in width) next to the track…? Just like a traditional daw, rotated by 90°.

Hm… I was not aware that taktik is the only programmer. I always thought that e.g. dblue is involved.

Yes, quite good ideas. Only for automation, there could be an extra track (smaller in width) next to the track…? Just like a traditional daw, rotated by 90°.

The 90° rotation give me a bit of a headache. :wacko: Look like sounds are falling, quite disturbing.

The 90° rotation give me a bit of a headache. :wacko: Look like sounds are falling, quite disturbing.

This has a solution: turn your head 90º…Nothing, I had to make a joke! :slight_smile:

tumblr_oi3tkalmmy1s02vreo1_500.gif

I just explained how wishful thinking is irrelevant… and it ignites people to keep going on with outlandish feature requests that are very improbable to happen :smiley:

If they would just do a big bug sweep, and then do what they can to future-proof the current iteration as far as possibke, I’d be happy. Guess we’ll see, though in the meantime I wondr how many sales they are losing with their silence? Perhaps they don’t care? It is a side project for those involved, after all, or that is my impression.

As indicated by toblerpone , the online renoise / redux tutorial has been updated. This is good news, is not it? It looks great on wider screens and old links seem to be respected. So there is nothing broken. I wonder if the web design is ready to add or easily change the possible novelties of a future release of Renoise. Of course, it should be thought of in this way.

That said, a facelift of the official website when appropriate (before a possible release) would be very well seen.

Anyway, this does not mean that there is someone working on the software. There is no responsible to inform us.

I leave this last link, without commenting anything else: Renose / Help / Check for Updates… http://www.renoise.com/download/checkversion.php?prod=Renoise&version=311&regged=1

Looks very good. If Renoise development would be dead this would make little sense.