Any news for future versions?

What’s the Mixer DSP bug?

In the meantime, whilst waiting for the upcoming super-buggy-unstable Renoise, try a magic eye stereogram:
stereogram.png

Which software/service did you use to place out the Renoise logo in a3D stereogram?

Id be just happy with with

1.) fix up the vibrato, tremelo and autopan commands so that the vibratos, tremelos and autopans can cycle in time with the song properly.

2.) add ticks and lines as measurments for envelopes in sampler modulation ( currently only has percentages of beats ).

1 High DPI screen support

2 Proper handling of VST/AU on PC/MAC (Allow for audio and midi throughput, currently you can not route audio into a vst that handles midi as well, example: Elektron OverBridge)

3 High Sierra bugs

4 Mixer DSP bug (faulty volume control)

1Both Taktik and DBlue confirmed that steps have already been taken for High DPI. I suppose it will simply be an adaptation of what already exists. So, let’s trust in his word. The only clear thing about these statements is that “it’s a lot of work”. And it is.

2Many problems and bugs are from the VST / VSTi itself, and also problems with the VST GUI. I also think that Renoise does not handle very well the floating windows of the VSTi (it goes slow, the audio is cut, etc.) This needs a big review. In addition to the compatibility with VSTi 3.

3What is happening with the MAC operating system? There are continually reports in the forums about problems with Renoise. I get the feeling that, because of some operating system that breaks some things, Renoise does not advance. One more reason to drop it.

4Maybe you should explain this.I do not know what you mean either.

I’ll just add one thing. I know that a better and more advanced automation editor would add many points to this DAW. And of course, if another version is released, the known bugs will be resolved to a large extent. It is the most logical.

In addition, Danoise stated during the Sonoym promotion that Taktik wanted to “get his hands dirty” with Renoise once again. If this 2019 there are not very fresh news will be very worrying.

deleted

1Both Taktik and DBlue confirmed that steps have already been taken for High DPI. I suppose it will simply be an adaptation of what already exists. So, let’s trust in his word. The only clear thing about these statements is that “it’s a lot of work”. And it is.

2Many problems and bugs are from the VST / VSTi itself, and also problems with the VST GUI. I also think that Renoise does not handle very well the floating windows of the VSTi (it goes slow, the audio is cut, etc.) This needs a big review. In addition to the compatibility with VSTi 3.

3What is happening with the MAC operating system? There are continually reports in the forums about problems with Renoise. I get the feeling that, because of some operating system that breaks some things, Renoise does not advance. One more reason to drop it.

4Maybe you should explain this.I do not know what you mean either.

I’ll just add one thing. I know that a better and more advanced automation editor would add many points to this DAW. And of course, if another version is released, the known bugs will be resolved to a large extent. It is the most logical.

In addition, Danoise stated during the Sonoym promotion that Taktik wanted to “get his hands dirty” with Renoise once again. If this 2019 there are not very fresh news will be very worrying.

That summarizes it pretty well.

I’m back on track and have some more time for Renoise right now. So a new update is in the works, but not yet around the corner.

Right now we’re moving and updating all the renoise.com web server components though. They are getting moved to a new server and will be refreshed - this was very much-needed too.

12 Likes

Made my day / month / year :panic: :panic: :panic: I was going to buy Bitwig, but this changes all!

Thanks for this statement!

1 Like

Well, there we are :smiley:

1 Like

4958740.jpg

1 Like

excited!!!

1 Like

That is fantastic news at last!!

1 Like

Hurra!

1 Like

taktik posted: I’m back on track and have some more time for Renoise right now. So a new update is in the works, but not yet around the corner.

Welcome news! While I probably don’t “push the limits” of Renoise too hard, or miss some of the features other folks would like to see, I do simply enjoy using this software. To hear of future work, bug fixes, etc is “music to my ears”. Thank you. :walkman:

1 Like

GREAT NEWS !!!

Too much work to do !

1 Like

I’m back on track and have some more time for Renoise right now. So a new update is in the works, but not yet around the corner.

Thanks taktik for breaking the long and painful radio silence. That’s much appreciated. It’s alwaysgreat to hear fromyoufirst hand aboutthe current activity status ofthe project.

???

That summarizes it pretty well.

Right now we’re moving and updating all the renoise.com web server components though. They are getting moved to a new server and will be refreshed - this was very much-needed too.

Thank you very much for answering!

I am eager to try the next news.Much encouragement!

For my part, I will continue studying and keeping my tools. I really like everything I’ve learned here, in this forums with the API and the documentation to create the tools.

Have you considered upgrading to LUA 5.3?

Regards!

I was wrong :huh:

I really like everything I’ve learned here, in this forums

I’ve learned a lot in this forum to do with people and attitudes also. Unlike yourself, I now need to spend the rest of my natural life trying to forget the depressing experience ever happened.

1 Like

I’m happy, yes, because it is the first time I see taktik in this forum.

So… he really exists!!!

:clownstep:

1 Like