Any news for future versions?

3 days to go to our 3 year anniversary of 3.1!

oreo-cookie-cake.png

Isn’t it 4 already?

I want a “manifest physical sounds from the thoughts you have in your head” feature. Like is that too much to ask for or what…

Rns%20Error%202.png

You know… I’m sorta sad we can’t talk about this like adults. You know, what’s going on ? how can we help ? What to expect ? etc…

Why does it have to always go all “poorly-witty-and-memy” ? Internet behavior is getting old.

Best bet is to check these posts from the organ grinder (not us monkeys)

https://forum.renoise.com/t/devs-on-what-you-are-currently-working-on-redux-update/47067

https://forum.renoise.com/t/whats-next-for-renoise/46714

You know… I’m sorta sad we can’t talk about this like adults. You know, what’s going on ? how can we help ? What to expect ? etc…

Why does it have to always go all “poorly-witty-and-memy” ? Internet behavior is getting old.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience.

For more relevant reading please refer to here:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/make-renoise-4/49565

here:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/roadmap-for-the-next-release/45823

and also here:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/renoise-update-whats-going-on/47521

Thank you and have a nice day sir

But seriously at this point all speculations about a new update have been speculted my friend. The “please update Renoise” threads are almost a parody of themselves at this point, so it’s no wonder they just degenerate into mindless comedy. So let lose my dude, blow off a little steam. A new Renoise update is kinda like an ejaculation during drunk sex, you dunno when it’s coming or if it’s even gonna happen at all…

Organ grinder releases a new version of the organ. Monkey is very very very pleased. Now monkey can do new tricks and dance better. Soon however it comes to dawn on monkey that that is not the case. Monkey is still talentless [at tricks and dancing…but it must be the organ! The organ is broken. That’s it! Organ grinder would you make organ better? Organ grinder however is working on another project, so the monkey request falls on deaf ears. Years pass of monkey complaining but to no avail. Eventually the organ grinder returns and releases a new version of the organ. Monkey conveniently forgets all about the hellish years of complaining and is very very very pleased with the organ and the organ grinder. Now monkey can do new tricks and dance better. Soon however it comes to dawn on monkey that that is not the case. Monkey is still talentless…]

I feel like Hans Christian Andersen…but not as talented :unsure:

1 Like

This topic is getting really weird.

To answer the original topic’s question:

We’re doing little work on Renoise right now, mainly small clean-ups and bug fixing and have started some other project a while ago too. That we’re doing something else doesn’t mean that Renoise is dead. I think it will benefit Renoise and Co in the long term. We always have been working on/off Renoise in the past.

If Renoise or Redux is worth the money should be decided by what it is, and not what it could be.

We’re actually a tiny team. Some of you may not be aware of this:

• DBlue is taking care of E-Mail and other Renoise related support things

• Danoise is doing extra graphical/web/conceptional stuff and XRNX tooling

• I’m the only active developer for Renoise - always have been the main dev. We used to be max 2 “full time” coders for a while, but since a few years it’s just me again.

We’re doing meetings every now and then in a small office in Berlin.

There are many more people around that like Duncan, Paul, SatoBox and others, doing sometimes more and sometimes less work for Renoise - payed or for the fun of it - but there’s definitely no big stack of “coders” waiting to implement this and that feature as planed and tracked by some other guys.

There are also no plans to change this: Renoise is a niche product in a niche market. Trackers never will be THE way of doing music. And honestly, they should not: they make a lot of sense to some, none at all to most. Adding a piano-roll on top won’t fix that. Making Renoise open-source also won’t fix this: this would simply create a new bunch of other problems.

I do get that many of you here are getting more and more frustrated because “their” THE MISSING feature isn’t implemented - after all those years. But we really never will be able to fix that under those circumstances.

Redux actually was an idea to fix this problem once for all, by bringing the core of a tracker into “your” other DAW of your choice, so that you can use all the other features you always wanted, but no tracker.

This wasn’t meant as an excuse to NOT implement this and that feature into Renoise, but we know how much time it takes us to bring new stuff into Renoise, so that was meant as an offer to be more free in the choice of tools that you can !now! use and combine. Hard to say if that plan really worked out at the end. But that brought phrases into Renoise too - which surely makes things more complicated in Renoise itself but also offers a big bunch of even more nerdy tracker alike things again into Renoise again.

I do understand though, that the lack of information is causing such threads too:

If it helps to write more “what’s currently happening here” blog or forum posts, we will try doing that in future. Right now there’s not much happening though.

PS: @Andrey Marchenko: What are you currently working on? Will our work on Renoise and Redux be well spent?

Alright, this topic from :https://forum.renoise.com/t/devs-on-what-you-are-currently-working-on-redux-update/47067 clarifies it all.

It’s burried in 2016, bringing back up.

Yet my rant remains true : my gutt feeling is that we don’t have much news because any serious and grounded information will get washed away by puns and memes and complaints.

1 Like

Organ grinder releases a new version of the organ. Monkey is very very very pleased. Now monkey can do new tricks and dance better. Soon however it comes to dawn on monkey that that is not the case. Monkey is still talentless [at tricks and dancing…but it must be the organ! The organ is broken. That’s it! Organ grinder would you make organ better? Organ grinder however is working on another project, so the monkey request falls on deaf ears. Years pass of monkey complaining but to no avail. Eventually the organ grinder returns and releases a new version of the organ. Monkey conveniently forgets all about the hellish years of complaining and is very very very pleased with the organ and the organ grinder. Now monkey can do new tricks and dance better. Soon however it comes to dawn on monkey that that is not the case. Monkey is still talentless…]

I feel like Hans Christian Andersen…but not as talented :unsure:

Its not you, its the pesky forum software that needs an update…

I do understand though, that the lack of information is causing such threads too:

If it helps to write more “what’s currently happening here” blog or forum posts, we will try doing that in future. Right now there’s not much happening though.

A little update of what is happening or not happening would indeed bring some clarification for the hardcore Renoise users. :drummer:

Just came back from the future, everyone on mars is using 3.1

Oh btw, what the devs think about making Renoise fx as VST? or Redux a effect version, too? Basically I am missing in Bitwig: Renoise Gate, EQ5, Filter3 the first filter, Digital/Analog Filter battery, also the old Filter (was it Filter2?), which is capable of blending, Distortion, the old Reverb (sounds like noise), Compressor. Couldn’t find similar VSTs so for.

It could be like Korg MDE-X, only with a much better gui :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh btw, what the devs think about…

crowdfunding a full-time pr dude

so the community can finally get their proper whitewashing and foul excuses

I really love trackers but…

1539284204-distracted-composer.png

And what, I wonder, does your humble opinion have to do with the lives, responsibilities and priorities of the Renosie dev team?

Oh right, nothing. I has nothing at all to do with it.

It isn’t such an alien concept that a customer voices an opinion on a developer’s forum, especially when the product they paid for feels abandoned and communication (which would fall into the “responsibilities” category) has been spotty.

But we get a new paid sample browser. What’s next? Paid LFOs?

What a joke

But who knows maybe the devs have developed a severe case of ligma …

If even the smallest things are not getting updated at all. Then it is highly unlikely anything else will.

Pumpkin soup

Heat 2 tbspolive oil in a largesaucepan,then gently cook 2 finely chopped onions for 5 mins, until soft but not coloured.

Add 1kg pumpkin or squash, cut into chunks, to the pan, then carry on cooking for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally until it starts to soften and turn golden.

Pour 700ml vegetable or chicken stock into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins until the squash is very soft.

Pour 150ml double cream into the pan, bring back to the boil, then purée with ahand blender. For an extra-velvety consistency you can pour the soup through a fine sieve.The soup can now be frozen for up to 2 months.

To make the croutons: cut 4 slices wholemeal seeded bread into small squares.

Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in afrying pan, then fry the bread until it starts to become crisp.

Add a handful of pumpkin seeds to the pan, then cook for a few mins more until they are toasted.These can be made a day ahead and stored in anairtight container.

Reheat the soup if needed, taste for seasoning, then serve scattered with croutons and seeds and drizzled with more olive oil, if you want.

1 Like

Measurements in metric.

I am confuse.