Any news for future versions?

Hey developers, if you are not bitches, tell a truth like men.

You can’t load your plugins in TAL sampler either .
Nonetheless ,TAL sampler is great , like all of his plugins

Yeah, you can’t. Didn’t mean to imply that.

In Renoise 3, you can use your own plugins in sampler fx dspchain.

Demoing TAL. So far I dig it. Looks like to be a capable workhorse sampler.

Unfortunately none of those are available for Linux. Maybe U-he will do a sampler one day…

Free sampler https://www.onesmallclue.com/plugin/grace/

this no reply and info on anything seems odd. even a small “we dont have any time, personal shit going on, holiday with the family, working on other stuff” would help us more than this annoying silence now. make some noise renoisers!

[2016]
I do understand though, that the lack of information is causing such threads too:
If it helps to write more “what’s currently happening here” blog or forum posts, we will try doing that in future. Right now there’s not much happening though.
[/2016]

Good lord. I must say, this silence really is frustrating as hell.

I love Renoise and I want it to stay and to be further updated with performance updates, modern OS and plugin compatibility updates and features like high DPI support and better routing for e.g. real sidechaining with compressor plugins.

The new Sononym sample browser should be directly integrated into Renoise. Could even be made in a way that you need to buy a Sononym license, but it would then be accessible directly from within the Renoise UI.

Would be a killer feature to call it version 4 along with a bit of UI performance increase on high screen resolutions like 4k. I would happily buy it again to support its development.

From my point of view, Renoise is underpriced anyway, I’d happily pay more for future versions.

Arguments brought up very often in the past are: Simply use the current version, it is stable and refined and there are people still using 2.8 or earlier versions and it is a tracker, there’s not much to innovate anyway and blah blah blah.

The thing is, since I moved to a 2017 iMac, the UI feels very, very slow. It just can’t handle drawing all the metering in resolutions beyond 1440p smoothly. It is annoying as hell and a bad experience. May be a mac build thing or compatibility issues with newer versions of MacOS, but it needs updating anyway.

And I want it to be performant and compatible with future versions of all my plugins and operating systems, so I want to know that it is being worked on actively.

I have bought and tested almost every DAW out there. Renoise has a very unique workflow and an amazing UI, it would be THE place for me to stay. It just needs to be made future-proof.

Please give us AT LEAST an updated official statement for your point of view right now, so we know you read this stuff here and understand the situation. And please get back to Renoise development soon.

hopefully we wont read similar on renoise.com in the next months. this no reply and info on anything seems odd. even a small “we dont have any time, personal shit going on, holiday with the family, working on other stuff” would help us more than this annoying silence now. make some noise renoisers!

I do actually. Just close the doors and be done with it. They probably will once people stop buying these products and they are tired of shelling money for hosting the sites and such. Or worse, they’ll probably release a bug fix to keep people talking about it and satiate appetitesand milk the cash cow for as long as possible. Hope not but we’ll see.

Been toying with the idea of building my own tracker for some time now. Would be a great undertaking especially building it from scratch. Thinking C for the base engine to get things up and running. Might as well scour to see what is out there and what I will use.

Will be a cool side project.

Yeah, but surely it is a 3-year+++ full-time job to reach the quality level of renoise. Coding time, testing, then algorithmic research. Fiddling around with vst, au, midi, Osc, Lua. Cross platform booting, omg you created a monster. A new beginning based on latest tech and frameworks also is a chance to leave out raw coding. But you cannot start such a project, if you are a c++ beginner, that is very unrealistic. Maybe look for other people here who want to code a tracker, seen it multiple times. Using juce as DSP base was a good idea, it already implements the common basic stuff. Then using a complete GUI engine would save a lot of time, too (juce is too slow here). Leaving out any native DSP and instead focussing on fancy container devices and nice vst integration could save a lot of time, too. So maybe limiting the interfaces and possibilities is the key, focussing on workflow, routing and editor. Even a sampler could be left out, instead only using vst3. And macos only :stuck_out_tongue:

Been toying with the idea of building my own tracker for some time now. Would be a great undertaking especially building it from scratch. Thinking C for the base engine to get things up and running. Might as well scour to see what is out there and what I will use.

Will be a cool side project.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel… again. Of course, if you want to do that for the learning experience, go ahead - learning is always a good thing! But if you want to attempt this to create a new tracker, you should not approach it with a side project mentality. Either do it right - and this means years and years of work put into this project and building a community - or it will be lackluster and wasted time for both you and potential users. The niche for trackers is small anyway, and as long as your project is not as feature-complete as the many existing trackers out there, it would not be attractive to any users. If you simply want a tracker experience for yourself and Renoise’s silence makes you look for something else, currently the best alternative is OpenMPT. Renoise has a few advantages, a much more attractive UI, cross-platform availability, the more powerful instrument editor and preset management, as well as macros and great built-in FX. Oh and the plugin grabber, my favourite feature of Renoise. But OpenMPT is a very modern tracker, fully featured, including plugin support. And it is (unfortunately) being developed more active than Renoise at the moment. https://openmpt.org/

Or go the hardware route, I just realized why I love the Elektron Digitakt - it is basically pretty much a tracker in hardware form.

the funny thing is that this thread of assumptions will legally continue until christmas, eastern 2020 while people getting more & more frustrated. why isnt the simple option used here (by one of the devs) to end this whole topic with simple one sentence: “We are / are not / doing this and that / working on it blablabla” A simple & quick solution which seems way to complicated to do, or is all of this done on purpose?

Yeah, communication is important in general.

DIDNT FOSTERR WARN YOU KIDS ABOUT THE EVIL FROG? DIDNT FOSTERR WARN YOU KIDS ABOUT THE EVIL FROG? DIDNT FOSTERR WARN YOU KIDS ABOUT THE EVIL FROG? WHO WARNED YOU? WHO WARNED YOU? WHO WARNDE YOU? 777 777 777 FOSTERR DID! FOSTERR DID! FOSTERR DID! The Graveyard has become dark and it is becoming late and nobody coming to pick you up. But you now picking on each others while the evil kekepepe Frog is coming into your mind while you are looking at the 3 Dots in his cute little eyes *** Thats how he enters and you dont even notice and then ALL of YOU becoming crazy and doing weird and evil things !!! So who warned you? FOSTERR DID. BYE Fosterr VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVUZZhrqTTU

Peeping Mushroom Pasta.

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cups lukewarm milk, plus more as needed
• 1/4 onion, peeled
• 1 whole clove
• 1 bay leaf
• 9 ounces rigatoni pasta
• Pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
• Sea salt and white pepper
• 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
• 3 1/2 ounces Gruyère, parmesan or other hard cheese, grated
• 6 ounces mixed enoki or shimeji mushrooms, trimmed and torn into single mushrooms
• Finely chopped fresh parsley for serving

Directions.

1.Melt the butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the flour and mix to form a paste, cooking it for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for 2 minutes, then gradually add the milk, whisking continuously.

2.Place the pan back over medium heat; add the onion, clove, and bay leaf; and simmer gently for 10 minutes, whisking frequently. If the sauce becomes too thick, whisk in a little more milk 1 tablespoon at a time until saucy.

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.

2. Bring a stockpot of salted water to a boil. Put the pasta in the water and cook for 2 minutes less than the package instructions say.

3. Finish the sauce by removing the onion, clove, and bay leaf, then adding the nutmeg and seasoning with salt and white pepper. Stir in the mustard and half the cheese.

4. Drain the pasta and arrange the rigatoni pieces upright tightly in four ovenproof dishes; they will look a bit like honeycomb. Pour the sauce over the pasta. Tap the base of the baking dishes to allow the sauce to get between the holes, spooning more on if necessary. Place the mushroom stalks into the rigatoni holes, leaving the caps poking out. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.

5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbling. Serve with a sprinkle of finely chopped parsley on top.

Buzz is dead and buried long time ago, better try sunvox.

Renoise is dead to, but moneysucking ghost still flying.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel… again. Of course, if you want to do that for the learning experience, go ahead - learning is always a good thing! But if you want to attempt this to create a new tracker, you should not approach it with a side project mentality. Either do it right - and this means years and years of work put into this project and building a community - or it will be lackluster and wasted time for both you and potential users. The niche for trackers is small anyway, and as long as your project is not as feature-complete as the many existing trackers out there, it would not be attractive to any users. If you simply want a tracker experience for yourself and Renoise’s silence makes you look for something else, currently the best alternative is OpenMPT. Renoise has a few advantages, a much more attractive UI, cross-platform availability, the more powerful instrument editor and preset management, as well as macros and great built-in FX. Oh and the plugin grabber, my favourite feature of Renoise. But OpenMPT is a very modern tracker, fully featured, including plugin support. And it is (unfortunately) being developed more active than Renoise at the moment. https://openmpt.org/

Or go the hardware route, I just realized why I love the Elektron Digitakt - it is basically pretty much a tracker in hardware form.

If I do take this on, there will be no half-assing it and I know it would take a lot of time. Especially coming up with a nice sounding audio engine. I agree, don’t reinvent the wheel but I’ve always had my thoughts on how Renoise itself could improve band at the same time, frustrated that community ideas have just been shelved indefinitely.

Going to work out whattechnologies I want touse to make this happen. Guess it’s time for me to disappear again. If there is any new on that front I’ll report back.

renoise could take a few pointers from sunvox’s current feature set no doubt

Yes. Morphing Renoise into a hybrid of “Bars and pipes” and “sunvox” would be the ultimate solution. So many great suggestions in this thread.

@joule

Hey, it would actually be the ultimate solution ifRenoise went 100% modular with a GUI adapted for 8Kvector graphics.Some modules couldthen be open source (the pattern editor, mixer, etc) whileothers remained closed source (core audio engine, DSPs). And userswould ideallyalsobe able to extend the system withtheir own modulesin C++ (DSP effects, piano rolls, audio file arrangers, etc).