Any way of using Renoise/Tracker in the modern DAW environment ( Redux don't have half the features )

hi there, great day to you,

i would like to know, any way to use Renoise/Tracker successfully in a composing session, in a way that is musically appealing/easy to navigate, with all the tracker features

I am wanting to use Renoise in Sync with Bitwig, and have all it’s tracks routed into Bitwig, and have Start/Stop/ Song Position etc. follow accordingly

I have tried Redux, however it has too many mouseclicks, and is missing a real FastTracker ( logically laid out ) interface

Also, it does not allow for making a song, like a tracker would… even with the workarounds

Any way, or any way to appeal to someone who would be able to make a way, for Renoise to work in Modern Environment ?

It has been way too long for Trackers to be isolated in a corner, without having the possibility to implement them in a fully functional setup

And Some Beats kind of would be great to just make with a Tracker… And send midi to a host DAW… etc

midi events, post-processing (basic-functions) in bitwig is a nightmare or non-existent.
basically, a tracker-interface inside, there would be exactly what is missing .
could also fill in this gap (similar to list editor in cubase or logic).

1 Like

I am presently using a convoluted setup involving Plogue’s Bidule plugin as a ReWire master to sync Renoise and BitWig. It’s cumbersome to set up and not without issues, but it’s the best way to get those two in sample-accurate synchronization. I think there are guides on how to set this up on the forum, but I can also post my method if you would like!

Ableton Live 11 (with the -EnableReWire flag in options.txt) and Reaper can run Renoise as ReWire slave without the added headache of using Bidule, but obviously neither of those are as much fun as BitWig. :wink:

Really hoping that Renoise 3.5 will include a VST bridge (à la FL Studio or Reason) or at least enable the transport synchronization support for Ableton Link. I know Taktik is a busy person, but that would be an absolute dream come true for the handful of us tracker addicts who use multiple DAWs. There are dozens of us! DOZENS!

3 Likes