Anyone Here Play Guitar?

i used to be in a band

i don’t do any of those things but often i will (25% of the time?) noodle out melodies or bass parts while playing along with renoise on guitar.

i never thought much about it, but i never actually use guitar in trackers unless its some odd sample i made with way too many effects boxes. if i actually play guitar on some renoise made stuff it ain’t until i’ve loaded it all up in sonar or reaper.

what is cool and nostalgic for me about this thread though, is that the only reason that i got into trackers (impulse then modplug) was for a free drum machine to play guitar with and i could even notate some cool riffs and licks in there that i wanted to remember. i used to do some assembly so hex in trackers was straight forward and a piece of cake. ahhh, the good old days… then it was all down hill from there. i started making electro and techno and even industrial music. goodbye rock star destiny!

Hey all,

Not really feeling the computer music stuff recently and really getting back to my guitar roots. Anyway, just scored a lovely little fender blues junior amp and ready to start adding some shit to my blog / website:

http://www.shutermusic.co.uk

http://shuterstringtheory.blogspot.com

Not fishing for feedback or approval, but always interested in other guitarists blogs / musings / recordings, etc so if you’ve got something similar to share i would love to check it out. I’m particular fascinated by tube / analog / pedal geekery and anyone who understands the dark arts of the soldering iron which has always terrified / eluded me!

Cheers

I’m a jazz bassist. I own a five string fretless carvin Anniversary addition. I’m a bassist first, composer second. I used to play cello for like 5 years. I really miss it but it was too expensive for the upkeep. I play a bit of guitar, but nothing I would do in public. I use it to write parts when a guitarist isn’t available or antithetical to my idea’s.

Dude accordion is fucking awesome. I love that instrument. I wish i could play one. I had a cheesy accordion around for awhile. It wasn’t very good, but I loved playing it. That instrument takes a lot of upper body dexterity.

I have a Strat ('76 standard american thing) and recently got an Ibanez bass. (Also own and operate a violin and some keyboards.)

Used to play in a band: http://jamesbritt.com/chinese-forehead/

Been working more with looping and electronics to augment guitar/bass lines. Lately been playing a finger-picking style. I’ve been recording assorted stuff onto a digital 24-track and then grabbing sections used as loops in Renoise.

I wish midi accordions weren’t expensive, they feel way more comfortable to me than organ and piano keys.

I took up guitar to relieve repetitive stress since playing uses different muscles than pressing keys and everything else that I do. I have three, all cheap student things and all have been tinkered with in some way-

12 string acoustic with piezo pickup super glued in its soundhole

Epiphone with obnoxious sustain and neck that won’t stay straight unless I use 52 gauge low E string

Toy strat with an untamable treble tone that reeks of the new wave whenever I play it.

I’ve been playing acoustic off and on since I was 10 but only recently started getting more serious about it, such as playing at church and recording it. I usually record into a separate wave editor and then edit before moving into Renoise. I’m really enjoying experimenting with chopping and layering guitar loops/sections, though and would recommend guitarists trying it out if you haven’t already. Guitar adds a lot of nice sonic character and harmonics and a more ‘organic’ edge I find.

I’ve been a guitarist for 22 years (with a couple of breaks here and there). I own about 10 guitars, a couple of them are acoustic and one is a fretless bass. I don’t use them nearly enough though! My main guitars are a Japanese Fender Mustang, a Samick strat (the first electric guitar I owned; sounds almost as good as a Fender strat) and a Squier Jagmaster with a MIDI pickup—my live guitar—I hook it up to a Yamaha QY70 and use the onboard synth sounds. Thinking of getting a ridiculous Ibanez metal guitar with floyd rose bridge, so I can try to emulate Holdsworth/Thordendal…

I do! :yeah:
Though i’m very not good at it. :rolleyes:

I play guitar aswell, i have an Ibanez Blazer(1993 model) and a modified crappy Behringer guitar. :guitar:

Been playing for about 9 years. Had this guitar for the last few of them. Grew up playing hardcore/metal on SGs mostly.

You can even hear it in some of my Renoise tunes. :)

Just a little for fun ^_^

i typically write most of my songs on guitar. once i have all the melodies i like i write it out in renoise. then i just mess around with different synth sounds. i sometimes record guitar into my songs. lately i have been running my guitar signal into Reaktor, in which i add effects n stuff. i also started using this ensemble named “sound keys” which allows me to control synths with my guitar. kind alike a midi pickup for guitar. in the video below you can hear and see me play the guitar live in 2 songs i played during Art Basel 2011. i recently bought a baritone fender telecaster. the low registers sound great thru Reaktor effects.

the sound at the beginning of this video is my guitar running thru Reaktor Effects

Lately I’ve been playing more guitar than Renoise. :( or :) (can’t decide)