Anyone know how to convert Noisetrekker 2 songs?

Hi,

This is probably never gonna get an answer, but I have to try.

I must be one of the very few here that have made loads of music with the Noisetrekker 2 freeware on a budget laptop (oh yeah, and after years of working with Oktalyzer V1.1 and V1.54 on an Amiga 500). All of these tracks are neatly stored onto a hard drive (taking up about 20Gb), including my own synths and stuff, and I would like to be able to ‘revive’ these tracks. But I’m struggling to find a way to do so.

As far as I understand, there are only two ways:

• Either find an old computer on which Noisetrekker 2 still runs (I have a copy of the original .exe), and render all tracks separately. Huge job, and in the end I can only manipulate the renders;
  • Or - if I understand correctly - it’s possible to convert .ntk tracks with Renoise 1.1.1, but only if one first converts these with Noisetrekker 3.2.2. But I can’t find a download for that last one. And I’m wondering what gets lost into all of these conversions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hmmm, see if you can use this to convert it: https://github.com/hitchhikr/protrekkr
I don’t know much about the conversions though, so definitely do a conversion and two as a new file and see if anything changes.

1 Like

OMG, that actually works! That’s amazing! :face_holding_back_tears:

You have no clue how emotional this makes me! Currently listening to a track I totally forgot on my son’s laptop. THANK YOU!

Unfortunately Renoise 1.1.1 doesn’t recognize .ptp or .ptk, but I am able to listen and to render tracks. Should be nice if I could open Protrekkr on my Mac though.

Awww, I’m glad to hear it worked. :slight_smile:

I’ve always been curious about protrekkr, as it looks and sounds really cool, but I’ve never dived into learning it. It’s cool to hear that someone has written a lot of songs with it (or its predecessor).

It takes some time, but coming from Oktalyzer it wasn’t that much of a leap for me. Something’s off in Protrekkr though: samples work just fine, but the synths are off key for some reason. I’ll find out :wink:

Thanks again!

Should you want to hear what I exactly did with Noisetrekker 2: listen here
And for the even older Oktalyzer V1.54: listen here