Anyone use RENOISE 3.0 rewired to LOGIC Pro X?

I love love Renoise 3 and I know how it works … I want to sequence and arrange in RENOISE 3 but using LOgic Pro X mixer so I can use it’s plug ins.

Sure I can spend Waves, Vallhalla reverb and Sound Toys but for 200 for Logic Pro X, I heard it’s dynamic plugs are very good as well as it’s REVERBS.

Anyone doing this ? and is it a productive work flow for you?

I wanted to do this with tracktion (so i wont talk about native plugins…)
and ive always found rewiring to be uncomfortable. I am doing some mixing in renoise (mainly because of sound design and meta devices) and using two mixers look confusing to me.
Ive always found myself in situation “Dont do mix it in renoise, you have tracktion! But why i should use tracktion? For freezing? But then i wont be able to make changes in renoise… I will mix it in renoise and render it, it will be enough…”
So for now - i just render renoise stems and import them into tracktion. :slight_smile:
But i have to say, if rewiring would be more natural and comforable i would use it.

Or do you ask mainly about native plugins or mixer?
Well… for 200$ i can imagine much better setup with a lot of free vsts, one computer music magazine and some commercial plugins (valhalla and toneboosters for example…)
Logic native plugins are good, compressor is very flexible (i know logic 9, not X). Space Designer as a reverb is also very good but i am not sure if it isnt just pimped impulse response reverb like reverberate for examle.

Mixer in Renoise is bad, it is true. But there are great plugins (span) for metering.

And i’ve also bought harrison mixbus for 39$ and it is great mixer with very good eq and nice dynamic processors (it has also amazing commercial plugins add-ons but they are not cheap and i dont own them…).

Maybe Mixbus with Valhalla reverb (or some computer music mag reverb - kr-reverb, acon reverb cm)) and the best free plugins (slick eq, tdr feedback compressor, nova-47p, refine etc etc) with some another goldies from computer music (barricade cm) can be enough and more flexible setup for you?

Actually, I’m just thinking about it… I might not actually do this because I really like RENOISE 3…

I can arrange music and sequence music fast… Horizontal or is it vertical? sequencing is for me… maybe my brain likes it this way… I can actually picture what will happen next… I could not see it when I used Cubase though.

The reason why I might not do it is because your right, rewiring is uncomfortable. If not, I’ll just get some vallahalla reverbs, and waves dynamic plugs(used license)… All I care about is the plugs. I like Renoise native plugs but have you heard of the vallhalla reverbs? and waves eq and compressor plugs? and the L3/L2 limiter… My God…

I wanted to do this with tracktion (so i wont talk about native plugins…)
and ive always found rewiring to be uncomfortable. I am doing some mixing in renoise (mainly because of sound design and meta devices) and using two mixers look confusing to me.
Ive always found myself in situation “Dont do mix it in renoise, you have tracktion! But why i should use tracktion? For freezing? But then i wont be able to make changes in renoise… I will mix it in renoise and render it, it will be enough…”
So for now - i just render renoise stems and import them into tracktion. :slight_smile:
But i have to say, if rewiring would be more natural and comforable i would use it.

Or do you ask mainly about native plugins or mixer?
Well… for 200$ i can imagine much better setup with a lot of free vsts, one computer music magazine and some commercial plugins (valhalla and toneboosters for example…)
Logic native plugins are good, compressor is very flexible (i know logic 9, not X). Space Designer as a reverb is also very good but i am not sure if it isnt just pimped impulse response reverb like reverberate for examle.

Mixer in Renoise is bad, it is true. But there are great plugins (span) for metering.

And i’ve also bought harrison mixbus for 39$ and it is great mixer with very good eq and nice dynamic processors (it has also amazing commercial plugins add-ons but they are not cheap and i dont own them…).

Maybe Mixbus with Valhalla reverb (or some computer music mag reverb - kr-reverb, acon reverb cm)) and the best free plugins (slick eq, tdr feedback compressor, nova-47p, refine etc etc) with some another goldies from computer music (barricade cm) can be enough and more flexible setup for you?

I love love Renoise 3 and I know how it works … I want to sequence and arrange in RENOISE 3 but using LOgic Pro X mixer so I can use it’s plug ins.

Sure I can spend Waves, Vallhalla reverb and Sound Toys but for 200 for Logic Pro X, I heard it’s dynamic plugs are very good as well as it’s REVERBS.

Anyone doing this ?and is it a productive work flow for you?

I use logic X, but if I do anything, is for printing stems to logic so I can use synthslike the ES1 or any of the standard logic plugins.

Plugin wise, the logic native plugins smokes the Renoise native plugins by miles. I’m finding that with the standard Renoise plugs like the reverb, you have to stack them to create a nicenatural sounding reverb sound. The convolver is a great native Renoise plug for reverb, but you would have to load IR’s into them. The native Renoise plugs are a bit unique and you can use to creatively to achieve great sounds.

The mixer in Renoise is pretty solid. All of my songs are mixed down in Renoise. Often I just use the third party plugs from Waves or FabFilter in Renoise and that serves all of my needs.

The biggest thing for rewireingRenoise is the use of audio tracks from the other sequencers that the heads behind Renoise either just don’t want toimplement, or haven’t found a “tracker” type soloution or whatever. You’d think that would be a priority since that what many users want but that’s politics and I’m not trying to get involved in that. Large audio files in Renoise are a pain to work with, but it’s possible and folks have done it before.

Also by rewireingand printing the stems, you can just save the audio files and you can collab with others using more traditional sequencers.

My 2 pence.