Assigning Master Effects...

Let’s say that I would want to assign a high pass filter to every track except for the bass and drum track. Would it be possible to lay the hp filter effect on the master and only have specific tracks being affected by it? (Instead of going through the hassle of putting the filter manually in every one of them… )

Thanks in advance! :)

You can do this with a send (i.e. Meta Devices–>SendDevice). AFAIK that’s the only way.

Thanks for the quick help! But I still got a few problems though…

Is it possible to have more than one send device per song, per example, a high pass filter on tracks 2, 3 and 4 and a flanger on 1 and 5? Right now I put a send device on the right most track (S00), load up an effect there, and then put a send device in 2, 3 and 4 each… How do I put up another device that only effect track 1 and 5? : -/

(I’m sorry if my qustions are noobish, I’ve only been working on the prog for a month or so… ;-))

Unfortunately, no. Master track is just that, the master. It’s the output of the entirety.

You will have to build a chain. Example:

• Send all your tracks to S00
  • Send S00 to S01 & S02
  • Etc

Haha, I’m sorry but I really find this utterly confusing. :P

Could you - if you got a minute or two - write a step by step guide? B)

The battlefield looks like this:

Track00: Drums, Track01: Bass, Track02: Boychoir (mmm…) and Track03: Strings.

I want a low pass filter on track 2 and 3, and a tiny bit of flanger on track 00 and 01. How do I do - step by step - using the send device?

(Remember that you’re explaining to a newbie here! :D)

Thanks!

First, create two send tracks (Move your cursor to S00 and click the “Add Track” button to create S01.)

Move your cursor to S00, add your low-pass filter to that track.

Move your cursor to S01, add your flange effect to that track.

Move your cursor to Track 02, add the SendDevice effect, set the “Receiver” parameter to S00

Move your cursor to Track 03, add the SendDevice effect, set the “Receiver” parameter to S00

Move your cursor to Track 00, add the SendDevice effect, set the “Receiver” parameter to S01

Move your cursor to Track 01, add the SendDevice effect, set the “Receiver” parameter to S01

Advanced chaining for future pondering

Move your cursor to Track 02, click “Keep Source” in the SendDevice

Add another SendDevice, set the “Receiver” parameter to S01

Keep clicking stuff , that’s how I learned… Good times.

Thanks a bunch! :)

And believe me, I’ve done some serious clicking… ;)

Another way to bypass masterFX for a track is to route the track to another ASIO output.
If you have a ASIO card with several outputs you can try change the track output and see if this method works for you.

cheers