Audition selected range in the waveform editor

Hi all,

I have a fairly basic question re: the audition of a selection within the waveform editor. Is there any way to playback the selected portion of a sample as a loop from within the sample editor?

I looked it up(manual, forum) but couldn’t find a way to do it without setting up loop points and playing the whole sample (and the looped portion afterwards).

^

If the picture above makes it any clearer, I’d like to know if there’s a way to audition the part of the waveform that’s greyed out as a loop. It can usually be done fairly easily in most wave editors.

In Audacity, for instance, it is called “looped play” IzOZXci.png.

Thanks for your help!

L.

You can assign a key through the preference menu (Sample Editor > Playback > Play/Stop Selection) or press enter, but it won’t play as a loop.

Thanks for your suggestion. Do you think a tool could automatically set loop points around the selected range prior to playing the sample so that it loops and let you adjust them while it loops?

Thanks,
L.

Actually you can just slice the sample, and loop the particular slice you are working on. Then adjust the slice markers as you play it.

I think that is what you are trying to do?

Thanks for your help SourMash, this is a pretty good work-around.