Autechre on Renoise

some mention of it’s use Autechre 4utechre Sean QUICK AMA Twitch 6/5/2022 (Part 2) - YouTube

9 Likes

Thx for sharing this, it’s awsome.

1 Like

another mention of renoise from recent interview yesterday i.e 30/07/2022 Autechre Sean QUICK AMA 7/30/2022 Twitch - YouTube

5 Likes

Autechre is the greatest. each release was so ground-breaking at the time, especially the run from amber to untilted… they were such a huge influence on my youth and development as a musician. Was awesome to see them live! Hope to again at some point :+1:

4 Likes

Interview? He’s holding the camera and speaks more or less to himself for more than 6 hours straight. :wink:
My favorite tune by Autechre is still “Bike” from “Incunabula”", which is still my favorite album by Autechre.

2 Likes

I stand corrected :slight_smile: Confield was something from another dimension… Gantz Graf was so futuristic… those early albums where so lovely as well, some true ambient gems amongst it all that I’ll always come back to, spent many a timeless moment in awe of of what they were doing and trying to figure out how they were doing it too, it’s definitely art even if Sean might disagree, bought most of their albums, lovely artwork as well… those were the days!

P.s If renoise is good enough for them its good enough for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They also made one track in SunVox btw

For me it’s probably “Teartear” from Amber…

There’s just something about it… so dark and distant and dystopian… it’s what I imagine the end of the world might sound like, haha.

:kissing_heart:

(“Bike” is also without question totally superb… it’s so hard to pick favourites with such a large, epic body of work!)

Semi related… Another track that gives me the same kind of dystopian end of the world feeling, from a different artist in a different genre/style, is Claro Intelecto’s “Section (Part 2)”:

Love those dark vibes! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Who are the other guys he’s mentioning?

Anodyne, Team Doyobi i guess

Sean also said this Surgeon remixes where made with Renoise

Also some tracks on Quaristice: WNSN, rale etc

1 Like

Teartear is brutal - I wish the kick in it punched my chest harder, but it is still stank-ass.

I love so many of their stuff, but I’ll bring this one out coz it seems that no many people talk about it (IDM slow twerk, GO!)

2 Likes

Phrygian mode is my fav scale…so moody. Like a sexy person you dont want to annoy and can also kick your ass…frank zappa black napkins a phrygian fav

2 Likes